Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default It's hard to think that a year ago today

It was announced that schools would shut from the Friday.

I remember people saying they would open after Easter and look at us now.

Ds and dds school have already got part of the year groups isolating.

It's been a long 12 months and I think this lockdown has been the hardest with dark nights etc.

How are we all doing?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's been a long old year, and I agree, this past lockdown has been the hardest. A combination of dark nights, cold and miserable weather, and the fact that we've 'been here before' and it's boring now! The first one, I think was a bit like a holiday for a lot of people, what with the lovely weather and to be honest, not much school! ( although DD has always had a full day of lessons whether at home or school! )

I'm just hoping that by the summer, we're more or less back to normal, but I do think some form of social distancing will remain, along with masks ( perhaps only when feeling poorly ) and hand washing/ etc. ( except I've always done that! ..so no real change there! )

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This lockdown has definitely been harder than the first.

Back then everyone was full of hope and motivation to get on and do things. I'm sure our daily threads back then were all about the sorting out, decorating, baking (if you could get flour), lovely daily walks, painting rainbows and taking up new hobbies. The spare time we had was seen a good thing by many people. I think my main worry back then was money and the thought of having to use my savings while I was closed. Thanks to grants and funding that didn't happen and I haven't noticed a financial impact. I'm very grateful for that as I know a lot of people haven't been so fortunate. I've definitely been spending less, apart from on food. Those bills have been huge with everyone at home!

This lockdown has been all about the struggles of home schooling, missing family, miserable days and dark nights. The spare time definitely hasn't been fun.

12 months later, I wonder if people have still got stockpiles of toilet roll, flour and pasta?

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

No stockpiles here. Though you reminded me I need toilet paper! Thank you.

I have been busy although the lockdowns with one thing or other no free time . But I really have missed my adult children who live here there and everywhere. Can’t wait till they can come and visit in the house.

6. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No stock piles here either. Motivation during this lockdown has been the hardest thing for me. It’s been quite nice not doing school runs in horrible weather and wondering if I can get kids to school in the snow that we had as I won’t drive in snow. But it’s nice to have the children back now. Although two are off again as their school has had a confirmed covid case.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been busy although the lockdowns with one thing or other no free time . But I really have missed my adult children who live here there and everywhere. Can’t wait till they can come and visit in the house.
    Me too ...I can't wait to see my boys as this has been the longest time we have ever been apart. Normally my youngest is here quite a bit.
    Pixie Dust