Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday and had a moment of panic when I thought I’d missed an appointment on Wednesday afternoon. I was wondering how on earth I could have forgotten it, then realised it is only Wednesday and the appointment is today I think I must have still been half asleep!

The weather’s looking hopeful for today. We had lovely sunshine yesterday afternoon so I’d like the same today! It’s lovely to be able to stand outside with the children without having to clutch a cup of coffee to keep warm! I’m counting down the days till I can get back to the charity shops to stock up on bits for the mud kitchen. I’ve noticed some of the metal bits and bobs have gone rusty over winter so I’d like to replace them. I had thought about getting real crockery but decided against it when I watched the younger ones dropping bits all over the garden. I know the older ones would love real cups and saucers, but think the younger ones would end up smashing them. I might just get a couple of things to try them with.

Our plans for today are to get on with some Easter/spring crafts and to go for a wander to the post office.

Have good days all.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

It's looking very grey and overcast here too. Hoping it brightens up like yesterday.

We'll be out watching the workmen and doing some spring craft. Has anyone tried colouring flowers with food colouring ... where you put it in the water?

We tried yesterday with daffodils, carnation and a big daisy type looking flower. Almost 24 hrs later .... nothing! We put lots of food colouring in the water; I'm wondering if we needed less? The daffodils are pale yellow, but the other flowers are white! Any advice? I read it should be noticeable after a few hours! The flowers aren't wilting! Help!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve done with white flowers before and worked great. Apart from cutting a bit off the stem didn’t think anything could go wrong.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I’ve done with white flowers before and worked great. Apart from cutting a bit off the stem didn’t think anything could go wrong.
    Me neither! It's always worked before!

I wondered if maybe it was all the 'natural' colouring, but I have some old 'intense' paste colouring.... so have tried that ..... we'll see!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I always used to get great results with that experiment, but then one year I tried it and it just didn't work - and hasn't worked for me since! Once, years and years ago, I even sliced the stem in two and put one half in red colouring and the other in blue and we got a stunning half/half flower, literally split down the middle of he flower. Let us know if you end up getting a good result.

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So pleased it's not just me!

Was chatting to a nursery teacher earlier and she said it hadn't worked for her last time either!

Oooooooooo update! The flowers put in the intense dye are definitely showing signs of new colour! ... obviously the 'natural dye doesn't work!

9. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post