It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

It’s another blustery day, but we’ve got rain with it today so it’s not very nice. It’s a good job I’ve got no plans to go anywhere!

The last few weekends I’d been working on an assignment I had to do for a course I was completing , but as that was all done and dusted last week, I haven’t got to set my study station up this weekend. It’s a lovely feeling not to have it hanging over me. Much as I enjoy studying and doing courses, it’s nice to have a break from them.

Today I’m going to start on a sewing project. I’ve got lots of felt so I’m going to use it to make different coloured Easter bunnies. It’s a long time since I’ve done any hand sewing (other than repairs) so I might need to brush up on how to do some of the stitches. I much prefer hand sewing to machine sewing so I’m hoping I get into it again and it becomes a bit of a hobby. Either that, or I’ll get fed up of it after today and never try it again

Have good days, whatever you’re doing.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the sewing Mouse. It would be a lovely hobby, but I just can't get into it.

Windy and sideways rain here.

Last Saturday, when out with the dog, I came across a house with a couple of boxes of toys and books which were 'free to a good home', so I got a few bits. My family were all laughing at me (I had come back with a few bits for my mud kitchen a few weekends earlier). On the Sunday, I found three more houses giving stuff away, so I got some more lovely books. I don't empty the boxes - I only take some of the stuff on offer and I will donate the adult books once I have read them. It's become a bit of a family joke though (and a bit of a lockdown hobby on my part, lol). I was really looking forward to going out this weekend, but with the weather I doubt people will put stuff out. Hope I don't sound too greedy.

Other than that, no plans. I need to dig out some 'goats' because we're doing the Billy Goats Gruff next week.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck with the sewing Mouse. I used to cross stitch pre children and have just ordered a few little kits to start out again! I got rid of most of most of my kit and books years ago, but kept a small frame to hold fabric taut. I'm looking forward to trying it later!

I've been painting a few little wooden peg people, and found some tiny little wooden eggs that I might paint ... just not sure how to keep them upright to dry! ( they are not much bigger than mini eggs )

It sounds like you've had some super finds Maza. I'd love to come across something like that! In normal times, our town runs a 'give and take' day ... everyone takes the stuff they don't want ... clothes/ books/ toys/ kitchen bits/ furniture ANYTHING to a local hall, and you can then take away anything you want. For FREE! It's great, I've had some super toys, bits for mud kitchen, glasses& dishes, kitchen chairs and 2 yrs ago, a whole set of Denby dinner plates and serving dishes! I was just looking for since more plates as we had loads of people coming over, and I didn't want to use disposable. My plan was to get some, use them, and send them back the next time. But we liked the 70s pattern so kept them. Idly looked them up one day and each plate is worth over £20!!! I'm a bit scared to use them now! I am however, filling a large box with stuff for the next give and take day! The only sad thing, is when you see people shoving stuff in loads of bags and you know they are going to sell it on, but as the people running it say ... if it's moving it on ... and just have to hope they don't dump it if not sold.

It's still blustery and showery here today! I want to go for a walk, but can't face it!

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Very wet and blustery here too....we did manage to take the dog out earlier for a walk around a local park and grab a takeaway coffee. I am going to make some scones this afternoon hopefully they will turn out ok. No other plans really, I have a couple of emails to send.

I enjoy cross stitching and have a project on the go that a started a while ago now, I try and do a little bit of it every weekend now where pre covid it would sit in my sewing bag for weeks untouched. I definitely make time to do things for me now.

Maza our village has a Facebook page and every Sunday is selling Sunday where you can advertise things for sale or if they are free (its the only day they allow selling ) the other Sunday I was so excited that someone was giving away various cardboard tubes I snapped them up You know you work in early years when you get excited by cardboard tubes

Enjoy your weekend everyone
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow loocyloo, that sounds like an amazing event!

I came back empty handed from my dog walk today, lol.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Very wet and blustery here too....we did manage to take the dog out earlier for a walk around a local park and grab a takeaway coffee. I am going to make some scones this afternoon hopefully they will turn out ok. No other plans really, I have a couple of emails to send.

I enjoy cross stitching and have a project on the go that a started a while ago now, I try and do a little bit of it every weekend now where pre covid it would sit in my sewing bag for weeks untouched. I definitely make time to do things for me now.

Maza our village has a Facebook page and every Sunday is selling Sunday where you can advertise things for sale or if they are free (its the only day they allow selling ) the other Sunday I was so excited that someone was giving away various cardboard tubes I snapped them up You know you work in early years when you get excited by cardboard tubes

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Pixie... the most exciting thing about our new dishwasher is the huge box it arrived in

How disappointing Maza. Better luck next weekend! X

9. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had a lovely day today. Our family friend who moved in last June had finally moved out. DP was at work today and I had the house to myself at last. Did some exercises, planted seeds, went to the supermarket, cleared the room the “lodger” had been staying in and generally had a really nice time. Has anybody noticed the cat food shortage yet? Waitrose near me is virtually cleaned out and Sainsbury’s haven’t got any either. My cat has been messing me about foodwise recently but he is so fussy.