Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning!

Yesterday I typed up a message before the children arrived, only to realised when I logged on in the evening that I hadn't actually posted it! I'll do better today

Yesterday was a manically busy day with all the children here. Today will be easy in comparison! We've just about finished the Mother's Day crafts. I'll let them loose with the glitter today, then we're done.

The weather is grim today. Wet, windy and cold. I saw the children walking to school this morning and they didn't look as happy as they had done at the beginning of the week! I'm sure a lot of them would rather have been back at home. One of my teacher mums started back at school on Monday. She'd been doing online teaching through lockdown, which she thought was hard enough, but she says being back at school is even harder. I really don't envy her.

Our plan for today is to finish of the Mother's Day crafts, decorate some plant pots to go in the garden and go for a walk to the post office. Hopefully the rain will stop!

Have good days all.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

LOL ... I do that all the time with emails and texts Mouse!

It's horrible weather here too! mine all need 'exercising' but we'll have to do lots of dancing!

Think we'll make our mothers days cards too ( once I've worn them out a bit! )

We're going to play with the Hygge Wanderlust box today that arrived in the post yesterday. I was telling my sister in law about 'Hygge' and she ordered me one as a surprise. I'm impressed. I like the cards with ideas on, I got a magnifying glass and some lovely little wooden loose part bits. They are far too nice to put them in my 'general' loose part boxes , Think i'll keep them with my wooden peg people and bits!

Our windows are all in, and the house feels warmer!

Not looking forward to school run in the rain later!

stay warm & dry everyone.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed you yesterday Mouse!

Damp and grey here too. We have made paper plate piggy masks today. Mindee is at the stage where he just paints on the same patch again and again, leaving the rest of the paper white, so not sure it will look like a pig really! I bought a cheap washing up bowl and draining rack from amazon so that mindee can wash up his own plates and cups after meals. He has been doing that for the last half hour. I ended up getting lots of clean stuff out of the cupboard for him to wash too. I know the novelty won't last long and sooner or later he'll wise up to the fact that it is a chore.

Later, we're going to write in the Mother's Day card. DD said she was going to make an obstacle course in the garden, so we'll probably just do garden play rather than a big walk.

DH got a couple of new blinds for our bathroom (it has two windows). I had the last say in the colour, and when he collected it none of us liked it at all. It's teal - I thought teal was lighter than it is. So, he is going back today to try and exchange it and get the colour that he wanted in the first place - ochre.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! It's very wet and windy here today. We have started our Mother's Day cards then lots of free play as the 3 on a Wednesday play well together. I have had a couple of messages for places that are coming up in September which is good as I thought things would be quiet but looks like I will still be busy. I have had so many messages about after school places it's crazy, I just keep saying sorry no room, I am sticking with the families I have and not taking on anymore.

I have been tempted to get a Hygge wanderlust box but wasn't sure if they are worth it, I will have to give it a try!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Hi everyone! It's very wet and windy here today. We have started our Mother's Day cards then lots of free play as the 3 on a Wednesday play well together. I have had a couple of messages for places that are coming up in September which is good as I thought things would be quiet but looks like I will still be busy. I have had so many messages about after school places it's crazy, I just keep saying sorry no room, I am sticking with the families I have and not taking on anymore.

I have been tempted to get a Hygge wanderlust box but wasn't sure if they are worth it, I will have to give it a try!
    I'm losing a couple of schoolies, but I'm not taking any new ones on ( she says! ... unless it's children I already know AND like! )

I don't know if every month is worth it for the hygiene box, but I got 10 little wooden things, a little wooden magnifying glass and some nice ideas on the cards. I'll be getting a couple more, and then I'll see if I continue!

8. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hygiene box hygge ! I don’t even know what they are.

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hygiene box hygge ! I don’t even know what they are.
    wretched autocorrect!!!!

Mine refuses to like the word W E L L I E S .... it always 'corrects' it to something else!

12. Likes Dragonfly, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo, hygiene box! That made me laugh!!!

I also got it this time too. I've had three now - because each time you get a 10% discount card, so it always makes me buy another. How lovely of your sister-in-law! April's box is 'rain' - more grappat pieces apparently. I really shouldn't buy it...

So, after me being so proud of myself for having made Mother's Day cards on Monday, we still haven't written in them. I know I will be doing it as the doorbell rings on Friday afternoon!

Pixie, I know you have been tempted by a the hygge/wanderlust boxes but said that you didn't like the surprise element of it with not knowing the contents of each box, but I have come to like it and it's part of the fun. Totally hide them from my DH though because he would not 'get' the concept (price) at all!

14. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay Loocyloo, I've ordered the April box. DH is out with the dog and DD is in the shower. She absolutely loves looking through the boxes when they arrive and thinks they are really sweet, but doesn't think they are worth it. Did your mindees enjoy playing with the box contents today? What did they do? I'm hoping next month we will get some of those little blue raindrop grappat (sp?) pieces.

16. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I know you have been tempted by a the hygge/wanderlust boxes but said that you didn't like the surprise element of it with not knowing the contents of each box, but I have come to like it and it's part of the fun. Totally hide them from my DH though because he would not 'get' the concept (price) at all!
    I don't mind the surprise element Maza as I already have a bath bomb subscription and I enjoy seeing what goodies are in there each month it was more about the value element of the items inside as the contents of the bath one exceeds the price I pay. I think I may order the April one to see what it's like, I think I have a 10% code somewhere as I bought the wanderlust booklets as I prefer to have them to look at rather than on the laptop.
    Pixie Dust

18. Likes Maza liked this post