Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Here we are at the start of another week. At least this week feels a bit different with children going back to school. It was nice seeing so many of the going passed the house this morning, They all looked happy! It does feel as if we might actually be getting closer to a time when things are heading back to normal. I certainly hope so.

What are your plans for the week? We're going to make Mother's Day cards today and tomorrow and do a Mother's Day/Spring craft on Wednesday and Thursday. I haven't decided yet what the craft will be. I need to have a hunt through the cupboard to see what inspiration I can find.

Question for the day! Do you still have a landline phone? We've got one but never use it for making calls and the only people who ever call us on it it are the dentist (easy enough to give them our mobile numbers) and cold callers. It annoyed me yesterday when the phone was ringing stupidly early on a Sunday morning and I came dashing downstairs only to find it was one of those annoying automated calls - they don't even give you chance to have a go at the person calling because it's not an actual person!! It made me wonder why we still have a landline and I'm tempted to get rid of it.

Good luck to any of your children heading back to school today

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

My first day of 'freedom' with DS back at uni and DD at school .... so DH is home and we're having almost all the windows replaced! They have sent a couple of teams, so it is done today and won't impact on my working tomorrow!

It has been nice to see all the smiling children as they headed back to school. One of mine has finally started nursery today! No settling off anything! But her best friend in the whole wide world is there, and they used to go to preschool together so she's apparently bounced in full of beans!

We have a landline, but only my mum calls it! I do give it out to people though, as our mobile reception can be iffy. We don't pay anything per se for our landline, as it comes as part of our Internet deal. We have caller display, so I rarely answer it anyway!

We're doing mothers day cards this week, and then probably spring for a week or so, moving into Easter!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We have landline and I tend to give that out rather than mobile. It has an answer phone and caller display so I can answer or just leave it to see who’s talking and then decide to pick up or not!!!! Well they don’t know if your in or not.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone.....it was funny seeing everyone at school this morning, normally it's so quiet when I drop my two before school children off at school then suddenly there were lots of people about ! One parent who I haven't heard from since the end of December messaged first thing this morning to say can I start collecting her school child again from tomorrow!

DH went out with he dog this morning to meet up with his eldest daughter and he said there were loads of people meeting down the local seafront coffee in hand

Hope everything is going smoothly with the windows loocyloo!

We have a landline but don't actually use it to make calls as we have unlimited calls with our mobiles but the inlaws live abroad so they ring us on it plus we get lots of spam calls but we have caller ID plus the answer machine! I always say if someone really wants to speak to us they will leave a message.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a landline - but I don't know our telephone number! I used to know my old one, but we moved here about 18 months ago and I never bothered to learn the new number. Like Pixie dust, we have it for my in-laws who live abroad. We have just got a new feature on ours actually. Anyone calling it has to first say their name before it will ring at ours, so any robots/pre-recorded messages will not be put through. The amount of cold callers we were getting was increasing by the month and some of them were so cunning. I do worry abut my mum as she is so trusting. DH's mum lost quite a bit of money last year to a phone scammer. Has anyone had the one where an actual person calls and they act all official and ask to speak to Mrs xyz - then you tell them that they must have the wrong number - they say they were definitely given that number and could you confirm your street name so that they can cross reference etc. DH stupidly gave out our street name. A couple of months later I took a very similar cal and this time they asked me to confirm the house number. I didn't fall for it luckily. I can't believe DH did, but he did.

This morning I printed off a picture of some cute flowers and mindee painted them. I've cut them out and stuck them onto a card. We'll write on them and stick some stickers on over the next few days. Can't believe I'm not last minute with something! Most unlike me.