It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

I stayed up late last night, got the assignment finished and submitted, so I’ve now got a free weekend

We didn’t manage to get the family quiz done last night, so we’ll do it tonight. I did say they could do it without me but they all agreed to postpone it. It’s not as if they’ve got anything else to do tonight!

Today I’m going to have a proper look at the lateral flow tests and see if I can figure out how to do them. I think I’m probably going to do one on a Sunday morning and one on a Wednesday evening. Three of my current parents are teachers so will be doing their own tests, as well as a couple of parents who have older children at school. I’m going to have to be extra strict with them all at drop off and pick up and make sure they stay more than 2m away. I don’t want to have to close because any of the parents test positive! Most of them are really good and stand behind the line I’ve marked out, but one dad in particular doesn’t seem to think it applies to him

Enjoy your weekend everyone

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done Mouse!

DH has taken DS back to uni, DD is doing goodness knows what and I've just got back from a long dog walk with a friend. Her dog saw me coming from far off and was just barking and barking with excitement!!

Trying to decide what to cook for tea! Got no inspiration at all! What is anyone else having?! Inspire me please!

I'm going to do some baking in a bit and that's it! No plans what so ever. It's not really warm enough to entice me into the garden. At this rate I'll end up doing an online training course

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the tests Mouse and well done for finishing your assignment.

I've just got back from the library. I was collecting some fairy tales for the next couple of weeks. None of them were the particular versions I wanted though - I want really simple versions, but these are all quite wordy. I'll just make up my own versions from the pictures. Just before lockdown 3 I saw a load of fairy tales in the charity shop, but didn't buy them. I can't wait for a good browse in the charity shops.

We started watching the interior design competition with Alan Carr. It was good, but I can't remember when the next one is on.

Need to take the dog out soon and other than that, just chilling out.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just received a text from a parent asking if I’ve got my lateral testing kits. I haven’t but should I get them for my partner and I if the children are coming back?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Good luck with the tests Mouse and well done for finishing your assignment.

I've just got back from the library. I was collecting some fairy tales for the next couple of weeks. None of them were the particular versions I wanted though - I want really simple versions, but these are all quite wordy. I'll just make up my own versions from the pictures. Just before lockdown 3 I saw a load of fairy tales in the charity shop, but didn't buy them. I can't wait for a good browse in the charity shops.

We started watching the interior design competition with Alan Carr. It was good, but I can't remember when the next one is on.

Need to take the dog out soon and other than that, just chilling out.
    I'm really looking forward to a good wander round the charity shops! I think I'm going to have to find some different ones to go to though. I like the ones near me because they'll take all my donations (some of the others are a bit fussy on what they'll take), but they don't always have very much in them for sale. I do wonder where all the donations go as I rarely see anything in the shop that I've donated!

I've watched the interior design competition a few times and really like it. I've got the usual problem with these things though - I find something I like but can never remember when or where it was on! It's often only by chance that I find it again when I'm flicking through the channels

7. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I’ve just received a text from a parent asking if I’ve got my lateral testing kits. I haven’t but should I get them for my partner and I if the children are coming back?
    I think it's up to you. They're not compulsory so it's your decision if you want to do them or not. Are they school aged children coming back?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think it's up to you. They're not compulsory so it's your decision if you want to do them or not. Are they school aged children coming back?
    Yes they are. I thought it was going to be parents tests their own children before they come here or go to school. Or schools doing them.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been for a long beach walk this morning, not many people about at all. Just done my accounts up to the end of Feb so time to relax with a cuppa and my book or maybe sewing.

I am making lasagna for tea, Was going to bake some scones today but had to go in to Home Bargains this morning so while I was in there DH popped next door to get a take away coffee and cake so I think we have had our cake for today!

I didn't think we could get the home testing kits unless we had our own school children, our LA has told us to go to the community testing centres.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Woohoo! Well done Pixie!

I've made flapjack and chocolate brownie cookies.

I like lasagne but we had it last week .... DD wants Gnocchi, so I think that and pesto for tea. I might make a garlic bread/focacca.

My understanding is that you can only get the tests if you have a school child of your own. And the tests are only for adults. Secondary school children are tested at school and will then be given tests to do at home. Primary children are not being tested.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 06-03-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Yes they are. I thought it was going to be parents tests their own children before they come here or go to school. Or schools doing them.
    As far as I understand it, it's only secondary school children who will be tested. They'll initially be done in school, but then they will need to be done at home. You don't need to be testing any children.

Any parents of primary or secondary school aged children can also request test for themselves. Our LA has said that childminders can request the tests as well, even if we don't have children of our own.

You only test yourself if you want. You could ask mum to clarify which tests she means. Does she expect you to be testing yourself if you've got children coming back or does she think you'll have them for the children?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She’s getting tests for themselves. I don’t think I’ll get them unless more parents ask about it. Thanks for your help everyone

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My LA hasn't mentioned tests at all for childminders.

Loocyloo - dinner - I went to M and S earlier as it is a few doors down from the library. They had some roast potatoes on special because they needed using up today, so we are having those. I thought we had some meat in the fridge, but it is in the freezer and won't defrost in time, so randomly, we are having quorn pies with our roast potatoes and gravy. I'm also roasting carrots, courgettes and red onions and then we've got cauliflower or broccoli, depending on what needs using first.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Loocyloo - dinner - I went to M and S earlier as it is a few doors down from the library. They had some roast potatoes on special because they needed using up today, so we are having those. I thought we had some meat in the fridge, but it is in the freezer and won't defrost in time, so randomly, we are having quorn pies with our roast potatoes and gravy. I'm also roasting carrots, courgettes and red onions and then we've got cauliflower or broccoli, depending on what needs using first.
    mmmmmmm, that sounds yummy Maza

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    mmmmmmm, that sounds yummy Maza
    It's probably not, lol. Although I can't speak for the roast potatoes or quorn pie because I haven't had to do anything with those.