Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Friday

How's everyone doing?

I've got no children here today but I have an assignment that has got to be completed and submitted today. I've known about it for the last 3 weeks and have tried so many times to sit and do it, but it just hasn't happened. I had a bit of lie in this morning, then got up with all good intentions of getting on with it, but here I am now, still sat doing anything but working on it It will get done, even if I'm sat here till midnight It's not even hard. I just have no motivation whatsoever!

Has anyone started to do their rapid lateral tests at home yet? I had been going to the test centre to get mine done, but it would have been tricky now I'm working later in the day. Luckily our LA confirmed that childminders can apply for them so I went to collect some from a local collection point. I've had a quick look in the box, but it all looked a bit complicated so I'll wait till I've got more time to look through it properly. I have found the swabbing easier than a proper covid test (because the swabs are smaller) and I can manage to do them without gagging. Last time I went to the test centre there was a bloke in the next cubicle who was really struggling. He was there before I went in and was still there when I left. The noises he was making were hilarious, but I did feel sorry for him!

Has anyone got anything planned for the weekend? We're doing a family Zoom quiz tonight...assuming I've finished my assignment DH was supposed to be cooking but decided we'd have a takeout instead. I'm not complaining!

Enjoy the rest of your day

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day everyone
    No we/ childminders can’t get lateral tests at home here and the testing centres not that easy to get to if you don’t drive.

Has anyone got a food hygiene course online they can recommend please.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've got 2 children asleep and 2 in the garden ... the 2 in the garden are really 'meh' today and can't settle to anything. we've played games, painted, had assorted construction out, read books, but within a few minutes, they're off! They aren't doing much outside, but at least they are in the fresh air! i suspect if i put the tv on, they would be asleep in moments, but i'm not putting tv on!

Good luck with assignment Mouse!

I've just been filling in a DBS form, to renew my chaperone licence, but my closest place to verify documents is an hours drive away ( working hours only, and no children ). libraries will be able to do it when they open in April. So all filled in and emailed ... then the email comes back ... must verify documents within 4 weeks, or application will be cancelled. So i'll have to wait for them to cancel it! I have emailed to ask them to cancel it, until i can verify closer to home, but no response !!!

my LFD arrived yesterday. I'm not sure when we should start using them to be honest .... i'm guess next monday, and then either thursday or friday. DS goes back to Uni tomorrow, and has a test booked for when he arrives! no other plans for the weekend, except we are having our front windows replaced, and so we need to move stuff and take down curtains!

Stay safe everyone x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also need to do a food hygiene course Dragonfly, so if you find one let me know. Has childcare.co.uk got one?

Mindee is asleep and I always use Friday nap time to pack away the playroom. I pop on Loose Women and pack away all the boxes - well, I leave out one box of construction, or the cars or something for his last half hour/45 minutes, but by the time he's had a nappy change and snack there's not much time for playing. I actually look forward to my tidying up session because it means the weekend is getting close.

Tomorrow morning I am going to the library to collect some books. I've also got a jumper that I need to return to Marks and Spencer. I have had it for too long under normal circumstances for a refund, but only because of lockdown, so I'm really hoping they let me return it.

My mindee was a bit 'naughty' at pick up last night and is pushing his boundaries. I had to speak to him in front of mum, which I hate doing, but she just doesn't get it. I'm not looking forward to home time today in case he does it again - he went over the boundary between mine and my neighbour's driveway and when she went to get him he ran, laughing, all the way onto their drive. He has done it before and I spoke to mum about it then, and she controlled it for a while, but he did it again last night. It makes me so cross. I might have to consider doing home time from the utility side door if he does it again, which isn't that convenient for me, but I can't afford to annoy my neighbours.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had to pop on and say my mindee was a good boy at home time today. Now I feel bad for moaning on here.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. x

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh haven’t looked on childcare maza will have a look.

Also I have 2 children from different families that keep running on my neighbours garden at home time,I always have to say something as the parent doesn’t ! Annoying .

Have a good weekend everyone.

9. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at this one Maza

Food Hygiene Courses - Level 1, 2 & 3 | Food Hygiene Company
    01327 552136.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've done the educare food hygiene course through childcare.co.uk. I thought it was good, although not always relevant!

13. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone got a food hygiene course online they can recommend please.

Pacey do one which is £20 if you are a member?

We have been busy out in the mud kitchen then took a long way back on our walk home from school, everyone seems to be looking forward to be back next week even the teacher I spoke today said they couldn't wait to be back in their own classroom as our school has made bubbles with other year groups so Y1 and 2 together etc.

Enjoy the weekend !
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a nice walk this morning went over the local golf course whilst it’s still shut. Had my jab on Wednesday. Had flu like symptoms in the evening and Thursday. All back to normal today. Getting sorted out this weekend ready for all the children coming back on Monday. Enjoy the weekend everyone