Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

What's everyone doing for World Book Day? Has anyone dressed up? I haven't really planned anything apart from reading lots of books! I've got some of the book related resources out so will just go with the flow. I really feel quite unprepared and I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it before today.

Having said that, I've got a quiet day today with just 2 children here for short days so I'll be able to wing it. It'll be my last quiet day before I'm into fill swing next week with everyone back and my new starter doing their full hours. On the plus side, my grandson will be back at school so I won't have to be juggling the home schooling as well. We'll all miss him (the children love him) but it'll be nice to get back to some sort of normality.

Our weather today is cold and grey. I had been hopeful that warmer weather was on its way, but I was obviously wrong! It's wet outside, so must have rained in the night. After those few bright spring days, it's a bit depressing to go back the cold and drizzle. I'd quite appreciate a bot of sunshine now

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Grey and drizzly here too. I don't mind going to the woods or a field when it's wet underfoot, but my garden doesn't really entice me in this weather, not sure why.

I wasn't planning on doing anything special for Book Day, we have a 3 bears role play area set up and we're generally do quite a lot of book related stuff anyway. However, my mindee turned up in a stickman outfit this morning! He looked gorgeous and very funny. So, I feel obliged to do something stick related. We made stickmen with sticks a couple of weeks ago and so today we are going to make stickmen biscuits. Just a regular biscuit recipe which we'll roll or cut into sticks instead of circles or other shapes. I might get some acrylic paints out and let him paint some of the five thousand sticks that he has been gradually adding to our garden.

Mouse is your grandson going back full time from Monday? My DD is just going in for about an hour in the middle of the day - to have a 1-1 tutor meeting and then the lateral flow test in the hall. Then she isn't in again until Thursday. Same set up the following week. I'm quite pleased that they are going back gradually.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

It's grey and drizzly here too!

We went for a walk this morning and 'hid' some new books ( in sealed bags ) with a note saying 'happy world book day- please take home and enjoy, and then keep or pass on' ( I'd bought a set of 10 for £10 books from the works, and to be honest, I wasn't that struck with them! Quality was good, just the actual stories did nothing for me! ) we've made book crowns and read lots of stories. The world book day website has lots of good activities and ideas on it.

Maza, you will be pleased to hear that my hand washing obsessed little one, has FINALLY got the hang of pushing their sleeves up to wash hands! It's amazing!

DD is going into school this afternoon for her test ( school have arranged for yrs 8-11 to go in today or tomorrow at set times ( and have arranged the school buses to take them/ bring them home ) and then it's straight back to school as normal on Monday morning! She's hoping school will have a bit more information about any 'in school assessments' for GCSEs, and more importantly, when she'll actually officially be finished for summer and if they are having a Prom!!!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 04-03-2021 at 02:32 PM.

4. Likes Maza, Dragonfly, SYLVIA liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon.....I haven't done anything extra for Book Day normally we do, having said that we do a lot of book related activities anyway. Normally I have the vouchers for the children but I don't even have them this year. I need to get a plan for Mother's Day next week, it's always a tricky one as I feel parents expect a lovely little card but I am a strong believer in process over product. I need some inspiration!

It rained quite a lot here over night so we had lots of puddles to splash in our walk this morning. Thursday is always a bit busy here due with change over of children at lunch time plus the combination of children.

loocyloo love that idea with he books.....I have some books from The Works that I ordered for presents 10 for £10 and I must admit some of the stories are a bit strange.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie ... my cards for anything are always process over finished product!

I tend to do either green handprints/painting/ drawing and then give the children flower stickers/cutouts/stampers etc to add! ... usually get a random flower picture that way!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big believer in process over product, but know that some parents do like a beautifully finished product, so I tend to do both. I'll often do something like a handprint card that is clearly the child's hand, but obviously my artwork and then let the children make something that is all their own work.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Mouse is your grandson going back full time from Monday? My DD is just going in for about an hour in the middle of the day - to have a 1-1 tutor meeting and then the lateral flow test in the hall. Then she isn't in again until Thursday. Same set up the following week. I'm quite pleased that they are going back gradually.
    Maza, yes, he's back full time from Monday. He's in primary school so no testing for them.

I do wonder how long they'll be back for though. His year group (for the keyworker children who have been going in) were off the week before last because of a positive case.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a lovely thing to do with the books loocyloo..

Covid isn’t going To go away unfortunately,think it’s something we’re got to live with. Hopefully when more people are vaccinated it won’t be quite so bad . Fingers crossed.

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post