Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

If I type quickly it'll still be a morning post - just!

The children have been very excitable today. One has returned after a couple of months off and is very happy to be back. They other children are equally as happy to have her back, so there's been a lot of excitement all round. We've had a free play morning with lots of outdoor play. They've tired themselves out with all the chasing around so will be ready for their rest
    after lunch.

My new starter yesterday settled incredibly well, so it's shaping up to be a good week. He cried for a couple of minutes, but soon cheered up and was wonderful for the rest of the day. It was a big relief for his mum as he's been at home with her pretty much since lockdown last March. Can you believe it's almost a year since we were first wondering what was going to happen and how soon we'd be back to normal. I don't think many of us thought it would be this long.

Maza, have you managed to get anything on your new tuff spot today? Yesterday we had the balance scales and various bits to weigh. Today we've got dry pasta with scoops, bowls etc. I don't put something on it every day. Sometimes I leave it empty and the children take whatever they want to it. I do envy you having the blue one. I'm going to keep an eye of the price and if they're reduced again, I'm going to get one.

Enjoy your days everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mouse, I have put three teddies and three bowls/spoons along with a Goldilocks book. To be honest, that current display could have gone on any old table really. I'll put something messy on it soon to make the most of the lip around the edge. Yesterday, mindee and I 'discovered' the three bears in the woods, and to be honest he couldn't have given two hoots, lol. I was being all enthusiastic and surprised, but he glanced at them as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I did wonder if I would need to change my plan for the next week, but today he has been role playing really well with the three bowls and an empty porridge box.

Really good news that your new one settle so well, Mouse.

Has anybody watched the Britney Spears documentary? It's supposed to be really interesting in a sad way. Does anyone know what channel it is on?

Will anyone be tuning into the Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah (when it is shown in this country)? I have such mixed feelings about those two. I feel sorry for them and think they can't do right for doing wrong, but something about them does grate on me a bit.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We seemed to have had a busy day doing nothing in particular...... everyone seems happy doing their own thing so I have just left them to it I always feel a bit guilty if I don't actually set things up but they are happy.

Maza I feel the same as you about Harry and Meghan, I will probably watch it out of curiosity. Have you watched the interview Harry did with James Corden last week ?

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Britney Spears documentary last week. I didn’t plan to, but I was flicking channels and it was on. It was actually very good. A real eye opener and quite sad. It makes you realise how disgusting the treatment of young, female celebrities was/is. Males certainly wouldn’t have been put through the same questioning as she was. I think it’s well worth a watch, even if you’re not a fan of hers.

I won’t watch the Prince Harry one. In the beginning I had a lot of sympathy for them, particularly Meghan. The press really had it in for her and I found it appalling how they could be so nasty. I remember reading 2 news articles on the same website. One was condemning Meghan for wearing a black dress to a wedding and the very next article was raving about how wonderful some celebrity or other looked at the same wedding...in a black dress. I think they did the right thing by quitting the royal family, but now they come across as condescending, petulant, money grabbers. Can you tell I’m not a fan of theirs

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No Pixie, I haven't watched the James Corden one yet. I will have to have a look for it. I don't think the Oprah one will be as juicy as we are being lead to believe. I think it will be more of a dig at the press rather than gossip about the royal family. Surely they wouldn't go down that road...

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Tuesday!

It's freezing here today, with a slight mist/fog that hasn't lifted! We haven't been out and all the children have been a bit 'meh' and not bothered about anything! I got the dark den out and no one was fussed! Usually, it's the best thing ever!

I haven't watched Britney and probably won't, and I def. won't be watching Harry and Meghan. I too had sympathy with her/ them to start with, and I don't blame them for wanting to live their own lives, but, if that's what they want to do .... go and do it, without bleating on about it!

10. Likes Maza liked this post