Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

What a lovely weekend that was. Just a shame it went too quickly!

I’ve got a busy week ahead with one child returning after staying at home during lockdown and one new starter. Since last June I’ve been doing short days, 9am-3.30pm mostly, but from this week I’ll be going back to longer days with earlier starts and later finishes. I knew it would have to happen at some point, but I have got used to the late starts and early finishes. I’ll miss them! I will still have my Friday off though. Nothing’s going to make me give that up

This week I think I should be getting on with Mother’s Day crafts although I haven’t actually decided what we’ll be doing. Has anyone got any nice ideas?

I hope the week ahead is a good one for everyone

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse, I've got used to early finishes too. It's wonderful. I can't remember when I last had evenings to just sit and watch tv like I do now. I also know that I won't have it forever. Good luck today with your new one aNd your old one coming back. So, after me being so excited about getting my first mini tuff tray, I haven't actually set anything up on it today. What's on yours Mouse? I was going to set up something to do with the three bears, but I want to go for a walk in the woods after breakfast today and we will 'find' the three bears there. Then we will focus on that book for the rest of the week.

I was going to make welsh cakes for St David's day, but DD is making a ridiculously decadent cheesecake with her home economics class online today, so I think we should give the welsh cakes a miss, which is a shame.

I also haven't got a clue what to do for Mother's Day.

It's really foggy here today, which has caused great excitement.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

Happy St Davids Day.

It's really foggy and cold here today! I've got lots of 'bitty' jobs to do today and am going to be in and out of the house like a yoyo!

Hope your early start wasn't too much of a shock Mouse! And that your new child and returner settle in well. I had a 'returner' last week, and it was as if he had never been away, which was lovely. I've just set up a 'tinker' type tray for this week ... I've got several children who need to work on their fine motor skills, so i've put some large nuts & bolts, different types of pegs, wooden tongs, some big wooden beads etc out and we'll see how it goes! I already know that one child will totally disregard my intentions and turn it all into a 'cooking/mixing' activity! so when that child is here, I will direct them towards the play kitchen/playdough !!! I like to have the same 'activity' out all week ( maybe with a few changes ) as some children only come one day, and others like to revisit it through the week. If no one is interested in it, then I swap it around!

We just make cards for mothers day! I usually let the older ones loose with a box of crafty bits and see what happens, Younger ones I tend to do something on a flowery theme! ... thinking maybe a green handprint, and letting them paint/stick flowers on the fingers or maybe cutting a flower shape out of paper and letting them ???? it, then sticking that on a card. Last year, one toddler group we went to, measured the children's height in ribbon, then tied it in a bow on a card and had a rhyme about remembering how tall they were or something, which was very cute.

Enjoy your walk in the woods Maza, I hope the bears come to see you!

stay warm everyone !

5. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post