It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

It looks like it’s going to be a lovely day today. The sun is shining, there’s a bit of blue sky and it’s not too cold. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s warm, but it’s definitely not overly cold.

Yesterday I went for my first lateral flow test. It was all very well organised and I was in and out in 15 minutes. I got my results through half an hour later. Luckily it was negative, which was a good job because I was in the supermarket when it came through. If it had been positive I’d have had to abandon my trolley and run I’ll go again midweek. I’m lucky that the test centre is so close and that I only work till 3.30pm so can go after that ( it’s open till 4.30 pm). It’s no good at all though for any childminders who don’t finish work till later. It would certainly make a difference if they arrange for us to do testing at home like they’re doing for pretty much all other Early Years workers

My plans for this weekend are to sort the garden. It needs sprucing up after winter so I’m hoping I’ve still got some fence paint in the shed. It always starts to look better when the fence and mud kitchen are freshly painted.

Enjoy the weekend. I hope the sun is shining where you are.

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your test was negative Mouse.

Mouse, my mini tuff tray has arrived! I got the blue one - it's so pretty, a lovely shade. I almost don't want the children to touch it in case they scratch/scuff it. I haven't decided what I'm going to put on it for Monday yet.

We've just been on a lovely river side walk. We've not been to that part of the river before, so it was nice to explore. We didn't take the dog with us, so I've still got to take him out, but I'm exhausted! We came back and heated up last night's dinner for lunch. I love it when we have enough leftovers for it to be useful! It was a paneer and veg curry from Gousto - I really like their recipes, they all seem to 'just work'. We don't order from them anymore, but most of the recipes can be found online.

Just having a cuppa now and then I've got to clean the bathroom, how exciting.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day here again. Frosty to start though and chilly evenings too. Went for a 4 mile walk this Morning. I bought my partner a subscription to a curry club and we have been preparing it together this afternoon ready to cook later. My grandson and his grandad have prepared a quiz for later. Bless him he was.disparate to do one for everyone. So that should be fun. Enjoy the weekend everyone

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, a subscription to a curry club sounds fantastic! What a brilliant present. Let us know how your curry turns out.

Enjoy your quiz too!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful day here.

I met a friend and we had a lovely walk and then I just pottered at home, doing not a lot!

DD has made Pizza from scratch for tea, which should be ready imminently! Bless her, she is brilliant, but not the world's speediest chef!

Again, not a lot planned for tomorrow, DH and I might go for a walk. !!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Beautiful day here.

I met a friend and we had a lovely walk and then I just pottered at home, doing not a lot!

DD has made Pizza from scratch for tea, which should be ready imminently! Bless her, she is brilliant, but not the world's speediest chef!

Again, not a lot planned for tomorrow, DH and I might go for a walk. !!
    Oh loocyloo that made me laugh! I remember many occasions when that was me, lol.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh loocyloo that made me laugh! I remember many occasions when that was me, lol.
    It's the only way to learn. I wasn't speedy when I started either, but we all get faster as it becomes more natural!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have started to sort out our plants. We are trying to determine what plants can be saved from the winter.

The nice weather does lift the spirits but seeing the photos on on the local newspaper people will out in droves at local parks etc.

Have a good Sunday everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Sylvia, a subscription to a curry club sounds fantastic! What a brilliant present. Let us know how your curry turns out.

Enjoy your quiz too!
    The curry was surprisingly good. It was a bit of a faff getting ingredients prepared but it was very tasty. The quiz was fun. Grandson is in yr1 and his sections were questions from his online home learning. It was about continents, oceans, pandas and elephants. And most of us couldn’t answer many of them. Today I’m having a lazy day to finish off a lovely weekend

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like everyone has had a lovely weekend...the sun definitely puts a positive spin on everything. We have spent some time out in our garden, just sitting out enjoying a coffee. I have been sorting out some of my resources, changing a few things out. Today we have been for a lovely walk at a local nature reserve, we went later in the afternoon hoping it wouldn't be too busy.

DH and I are now going to enjoy a Sunday roast.
    Pixie Dust

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post