Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone!

After the children had gone home last night I packed away all of the winter resources. I'm hoping the weather doesn't turn cold again! I suppose we're still technically in winter, but it really feels as if we should now move on to spring activities. I know I've said it before, but it really is my favourite time of year.

Is anyone else noticing an increase in enquiries this week? Since the Government announcement about the route out of lockdown, I've had several enquiries about spaces for younger children as parents are now thinking about when they go back to work. I've only got limited space at the moment but it does give me hope that things are starting to look up. Most of the local childminders are already full, or almost full so I think parents might struggle to find places. A few childminders have given up recently so there are fewer of us anyway.

I'm just waiting for the last child to arrive and we'll head into the garden. The guttering is still out from yesterday so if it warms up enough I'm let them use water in it. Has anyone got a permanent water wall? I quite like the idea of making one but I wonder how much it would be used. Do the children use it regularly or does the novelty wear off after a while? I'm ready to get the garden ready for spring now so I'm looking for new ideas.

Have good days everyone. Enjoy the sunshine if you've got it where you are.

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to disappoint you mouse but I think we will have a cold spell again.
    I do spring March ,April May.
    Summer June, July and August.
    Autumn sept, October and November.
    Does anyone else do it this way?

Good morning by the way!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning,

Beautiful spring like day here. We have been out for a little walk in the woods - only half an hour because DD had to get back for a lesson, but she really wanted/needed to get out with us. It was stunning. We found some pussy willow and saw some blossom on a tree.

I don't have a permanent waterwall Mouse. I like the ones which you can set up with guttering and add bits to it and then take it apart and build it differently next time. I think part of the fun is in the making it and solving problems as you do. You can be more flexible this way and then pack it away out of sight when the children go home.

DD is making a cheesecake next week for Home Economics. DH is out buying the ingredients now and has been moaning on the phone to me about how many ingredients there are, how expensive it is and how unhealthy it is - it's a really decadent one. They made disgustingly sweet biscuits last week, but there are no common ingredients, so we have to spend, spend, spend. If they do similar the following week I think I will say something.

I am hoping for more enquiries - had a few just before Boris's announcement ironically. I have noticed a couple of local minders have put up their prices. So they should too.

I was just writing up some next steps for my mindee and have decided that his PSED one will be to 'stop' when hears the word. He's usually as good as gold for me, but I have seen him at home time thinking it is hilarious to run faster when mum shouts stop. You must all know what I mean - the adult repeatedly shouts stop whilst chasing the child, the child thinks it's hilarious and runs faster, the parent eventually catches child and they have a good laugh about it and child thinks it was all actually a fun game. Well he tried it with me this morning and I had to use my cross voice. We were only in the garden, but he was heading towards some steps. We have a big 'stop' sign which we have been using with the musical instruments and so we will use that in our outdoor play and movement sessions.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been busy out in the garden but it definitely not spring like here, cold, grey and damp!

Mouse I keep getting a lot of enquiries for after school children and I din't want any more of those I currently have 2 after school and one of those is moving to high school in September and mum is going to start letting them go home independently in the summer term in preparation for high school. I have a family that I expect will be back soon when schools reopen.
    How many after school children do you normally all have ? Do you have the full 3 in the 5-8 age group plus older ones ? I know in September I will have at least one of my little ones going to the local school maybe 2 if the other one is lucky enough to get it the local school (they live out of the catchment area) plus I have a couple of babies starting. School runs have been so much more relaxed with less children plus less people about trying to get in/out of the school gate
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

We went for a walk and saw so many beautiful snowdrops, crocus, baby daffodils and more!

We then played out, yep ... guttering still out here too! I got out the big water droppers and we had great fun squirting water .... but no one thought about adding it to the gutters! I didn't suggest it!

I made a waterwall last year, using those sound tubes and other bits of piping, and the children enjoyed it. We could put the guttering underneath to further divert the water. I did want one that we could move/ change around, on the wall, but it proved too complicated! DH made me a trellis backing in a frame about 90cm Square, and it hangs on a couple of hooks on the fence. We've got some logs that we use for whatever and I'm going to ask DH to put a couple of 'divots' in them, so we can balance the guttering without it rolling around.

I've had a couple of enquires for schoolies, one mum even said, i know 'X' isn't coming any more, so I know you have space. So I explained that X had been coming before Christmas on a temporary basis whilst her usual carer dealt with a family issue, and that I didn't have a permanent space. I currently have 6 schoolies, 4 of which are 2 sets of siblings. They don't all come on the same day .... except one when 5 come!!! My schoolies range from almost 5 to almost 10. I try to not take 'new' schoolies on, as I like to keep my little ones when they start school, as they 'know' the rules! But I will take on a schoolie that I know and think will fit in. I'm lucky, as I know alot of the children at our school, and of I don't, I usually know someone who does, or I will ask school!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely day here I have my washing out again.

No children here today however home learning was full on and I have an online parents evening at 515 till 7pm.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, how 'pushy' of the parent who said she knew you had space! You've just got to laugh sometimes!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had another nice day here although a bit cloudier. Only had grandchildren today. We played ring fit on the switch for a while. Had lunch and when for a nice walk in the afternoon. Springs my favourite month and I do spring as March April may too. There’s always 2 weeks in may when garden seems to be full of colour and blooms and it really lifts my spirits. I’m ready to change displays to spring, think about Easter, Mother’s Day, plus spring walks etc.