Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone.

I've got a very late start today with no children here until 10.30am. I'll still be finishing at 4pm, so it'll seem a very short day.

This morning I had an email from a mum who came to visit a few weeks ago with her young daughter. They weren't here for long but the child was very upset for the whole time - not just crying, but hysterical. It was so sad to see as mum said she's the same every time they leave the house. She's terrified of absolutely everything and everyone. Mum had also been to visit a nursery and ultimately decided that was the best place for her daughter. She's been going for 3 weeks now and apparently hasn't managed a full session yet. Nursery keep having to get mum to go and collect her as she's so upset. Mum emailed to say she's decided her child might be better with a childminder so would like to book her in. I've had to message back and say that the space is no longer available. I feel bad, but I know it would be unsettling for the other children if there was a child here who screamed constantly. I feel quite sad to think there are probably going to be a lot of children who will be exactly the same, having spent most of their first year at home in lockdown with parents.

It looks like we're going to have a sunny day again today. It's still quite windy but we do have some blue sky. I've set the guttering up again in the garden as that was very popular last week. Today we've got a basket of objects so we can see which ones roll and which ones don't. I've also got the clip boards ready to take outside and we're going to draw pictures of the spring flowers that are appearing.

Is anyone getting regular lateral flow tests done? I've booked to go on Friday for my first. As long as it's not too bad I'll try to go twice weekly, as recommended. The test centre is only 10 minutes drive away so I won't have far to go. I'd still prefer it if I could do them at home so I'm hoping they find a way of letting us do that.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

It's warm but overcast with big grey clouds and is blowing a hooley! However, we're playing outside, and everyone is very busy without me! So I'm sitting and watching!
    My guttering/tubes are pretty much always out at the moment. We've been blowing bubbles, or rather letting the wind blow the bubbles!

That's hard Mouse, but I think you've made the right decision. I've had several children who have cried ALOT at being here, and it is sooo hard. On them, the other children and me! At least with a nursery you would hope that they had a member of staff who could be with the child, whilst other staff members get on with the other children. Poor mum, and poor child.

I would be happy to have the LFT, but my county don't have any community centres for testing yet, and even when they do, I suspect my closest will be at least a 30 min drive each way!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Day to myself today. It’s lovely weather here so I’m going to spend the day tidying the garden and planting some seeds. I had messages yesterday to say my jab is next Wednesday with the 2nd booked in may. Think my daughters are more excited than I am! Enjoy your day

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I had messages yesterday to say my jab is next Wednesday with the 2nd booked in may. Think my daughters are more excited than I am! Enjoy your day
    That's good news Sylvia.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon...We have been spending a lot of time outdoors the last couple of days and everyone seems to be a bit tired today.

My nearest community testing is about 25 minutes away the other side of town and appointment times are from 8am -6pm and I currently work 7.45am- 5.15pm so its a bit difficult.

I had a phonemail from someone from the local HV team as one I encouraged one of the mums to contact her HV due to some ongoing developmental issues with their child, after a really positive discussion about the issues this child is having they said "Do you think it will help if we got xxx in to the local school nursery?' I cannot put in to words how frustrated I felt by that !

Anyway enjoy the rest of your day.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon,

We've been on a big walk today in the woods and a meadow. It was very muddy, so lots of fun. I had to pour water out of mindee's wellies when we got home. It's raining now, so we were lucky.

Yeah Mouse, I think you went with your instinct with that child. I wonder what they will do now.

I'm not having any LFT at the minute. DH is going for his first jab this afternoon. We're in the same age category but he has bad asthma. It will be interesting to see what the time difference is between his and mine.

Mindee is fast asleep and I'm about to tackle his high chair - he had baked beans for lunch and he's a rather messy eater!

We've just had a delivery and I got all excited thinking it was my mini tuff tray and stand, but it was a shoe rack (much needed) for the utility room.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely sunny day here so we have been outside all morning and now have tired children.

Got my vaccination Friday. Nearest lateral testing centre 20 mins away.