Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

What a stressful morning it's been. Not for any particular reason, things just haven't run smoothly and the children all seem to be incredibly demanding - all at the same time! I normally have a very calm environment and we've been very far from that today. I thought some fresh air and a good run round outside would help, but even that didn't solve the problem. So now the children are eating lunch (still arguing with each other), then I'm going to get the playdough out and hope that might have a calming effect. It always relaxes me even if it doesn't relax the children

Has anyone started on Easter crafts yet? I won't be doing any until much nearer the time, but I've seen quite a few posts on social media where childminders have already started on Easter activities. I'm not sure if they're particularly early or it's a case of me leaving it till the last minute, as usual! I am getting ready to change our themes from winter/cold/arctic to spring themes, but I don't think I'm quite ready for Easter yet! Do you give the children Easter eggs or presents? I used to, years ago, but I don't now. They'll end up with chocolate in their activities (baking Easter nests and making Easter baskets) but I don't give them anything else.

Talking of Easter...hot cross buns - love them or hate them? I love them and would happily eat them all year round! I'm vey fussy though and they have to be a particular squidginess. DH just rolls his eyes when we're in the supermarket and I'm squeezing the hot cross buns in my quest to find the perfect ones

Enjoy the rest of your days.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!
    My lot have been out of sorts today too! It's very blowy here .... I find children are often out of sorts when it's windy!

I put them outside and they wore themselves out and 2 are asleep after an early lunch, older mindee can't settle to anything! We're just cooking some potatoes to make fishcakes for tea! .... he wanted to bake buns, but I'm trying to avoid sweet cooking!

I'm not doing Easter yet! .... got St David's Day, world book day, mothers day and St Patrick's Day to go! I do have lots of craft ready ..... a fair bit that wasn't used last year! But I'm working the week before Easter, so will need craft for then!

I love a hot cross bun, but only eat them in Lent. I grew up with them being a treat on Good Friday. I still find it odd to see them in the shops pretty much all year round! DS loves them, so I do have some on the freezer! I don't like any of the odd flavours though!

Stay safe everyone xxx

I give all my minded children a £1 choc egg for Easter; any choc baking tends to get eaten here!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

You get the odd day like that don’t you mouse?children bickering we all do .Hope the playdough calms them.

Lovely day here today so been out running around looking at signs of spring. We took the children’s digital camera , binoculars and magnifying glasses. Lad always packs the basket with these before a ‘adventure ‘ as he calls it!

Now 2 asleep and one having a break.

I think it’s too early for Easter crafts unless you’re doing something that takes stages doing. Like another local Childminder is painting pots and planting bulbs for the children to give parents..

I used to give eggs etc but stopped as it was getting too expensive. I do do Easter egg hunts, Easter baking, pin the tail on bunny, usually there’s a prize for that, crafts and cards.

I’m a coeliac but do like the GF hot cross buns although I’m sure they are not like normal buns.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, next time I'm reaching for the wine after a stressful day I'll try the playdough first instead. Hope your afternoon is better and goes quickly!

It's really windy here so instead of going out to the woods we went to a field where there were no branches to fall on us! It was actually a really lovely change. I also wanted mindee to have the opportunity to run instead of walk, which we tend to do in the woods, but he wasn't really up for running. We found a big pile of sand and so we did our daily mark making in that with sticks and it actually kept mindee on task for far longer than pens and paper.

I love hot cross buns, but I don't like them to be too sticky on top. I haven't started Easter yet, my brain honestly cannot think that far ahead. I have never bought mindees Easter eggs, but we have always gone to playgroups where they have had an Easter egg hunt, so they have always taken something home from my setting - or eaten it at mine. We do always bake something Easter related. Current mindee is dairy free, so I'll have to be a bit more organised this year incase we need special ingredients. I do have Easter cookie cutters, so we might just end up making themed biscuits with his dairy free butter that I always have in. Dairy free chocolate is probably twice as expensive as regular chocolate.

Has anyone noticed any frog spawn yet?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a pond up until year before lockdown 🙄2019! We filled it in. I used to get spawn starting from March. Now I’m considering putting a card in a shop windows asking if someone could give me some when it appears. Is that silly?
    I’ve let the children watch it change from spawn to tadpoles , froglets then baby frogs for so many years now it will be my first without it otherwise.Saying that I used to change the water with cleanish pond water most weeks how would I do that? 🙄 river water?