Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

What’s everyone up to this weekend?

I remember during the first lockdown I used to try and come up with interesting things to do at the weekend to try and differentiate it from the rest of the week. I haven’t done that this time. Perhaps it’s because the weather hasn’t been as good this time round? I certainly haven’t been motivated enough to keep myself busy at the weekend.

The weather’s looking promising today though so I’ll go into the garden and try to have a bit of a sort out. It’s looking very wintry out there at the moment - everything’s a bit dark and damp - so I want to brighten it up and make it more inspiring.

I’ll be lost this evening without Masked Singer to watch DH and I have been saying for ages that we went to get up to date with Line of Duty, so we might watch that instead. I don’t think there’s anything else much on at the moment on a Saturday night.

Have good weekends everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon! No idea what we'll watch this evening! Guessing we'll see if there are any films we fancy.

DD and I watched I Tonya last night .... about Tonya Harding the American ice skater who was accused of having a fellow competitor injured before a competition. I really enjoyed it, and the one thing that stuck with me is that she kept begin told 'we don't want your type representing America' because she didn't tick all the 'right' boxes. DD had to watch it for her drama lessons as she's using the character of Tonya to base a different character on.
    Think we'll try and find something a bit lighter to watch tonight though!

I'm finding it hard to be motivated to do much at all at weekends.... but hopefully as the weather improves, I'll feel more inclined to go out. I'm really missing the beach, but it's too far to go for exercise.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD and I walked into town to the library to collect a book I have ordered. The library was closed. So annoying - they haven't updated the website with their covid opening hours. The book was Goldilocks and the Three Bears, lol. I want to do it the week after next and I haven't got my own copy. Of all the books to not have a copy of!

We popped into M and S and DD ended up with some new leggings. When we were coming back over a bridge on the river, there were lots of padlocks on the bars of the bridge - they were all engraved with names, and some had hearts on too. I'm going to have a google to see what that was about, as I have never heard of that tradition before. There was also a beautiful little crocheted heart which had been tied to the bridge further along which had a label on it saying 'Baby loss awareness' and it had a girl's name on it. It was very poignant. I don't know if the padlocks were linked to that.

I don't know what we'll watch tonight either - DD wants to look for another series of The Apprentice, but I think we should watch something else for a while first.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We popped into M and S and DD ended up with some new leggings. When we were coming back over a bridge on the river, there were lots of padlocks on the bars of the bridge - they were all engraved with names, and some had hearts on too. I'm going to have a google to see what that was about, as I have never heard of that tradition before. There was also a beautiful little crocheted heart which had been tied to the bridge further along which had a label on it saying 'Baby loss awareness' and it had a girl's name on it. It was very poignant. I don't know if the padlocks were linked to that

Sounds like 'Love locks' Maza it's where couples place the lock on the bridge (sometimes it will have their initials on the lock) then you throw key in the river to symbolise unbreakable love. DH and I saw a bridge in Bakewell covered with locks like this, apparently it started in Paris on one of the bridges there, I remember seeing on the news a couple of years ago now that they had to take all the locks of the bridge in Paris as they were weighing the bridge railings down.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a lovely afternoon walking round knole deer park. The weather is so mild today and it was quite busy but at least we were able to spread out. Got a family zoom quiz this evening and pizza for tea. Hoping to spend some time in the garden tomorrow if the weather stays nice.