Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

It’s still a bit grim out this morning, but the forecast for the weekend is looking good The spring flowers I planted in November are slowly starting to bloom. Each day I look at them I see more colour appearing. They’re doing well considering I had an ongoing battle with a squirrel that kept digging the bulbs up! I think spring is probably my favourite season, so it’s lovely to see signs that it’s on its way.

DH has got his first COVID vaccination this morning so I’ll nip to the supermarket while he’s having it done. I only go to a shop once a week so it’s become an exciting trip out. I have a wander round the non-essential departments just for a bit of normality and for something different to look at. I choose my supermarket of the week carefully - if it’s a pure food shop I need I go to M&S but if I fancy a wander round non-essentials it’s Sainsbury’s. If I’m feeling really decadent I head to Costco. I don’t really go there for a food shop but it feels good to be able to walk round looking at garden sheds and jumbo packs of toilet roll

Once we’re back I’ll get ready for the new family visiting later. I’ve noticed the mum has been liking a lot of the pictures on my Facebook page so she’s already got a good idea of how I work and what we do during the day. I’ve warned her that I’ll only have a few toys out when they come to visit, so it’s handy that she’s seen photos of my usual set up.

Have good days everyone. Keep going - the weekend is nearly here

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just chatting to my neighbour about the weekly trips to the shops and how they seem like a nice day out!

DD is currently making some luxury brownies. She wants to make them all by herself, but I keep getting called in to the kitchen to find something or other, so not sure if it's safe to leave the house yet! DH is upstairs working on the bathroom, so not sure he would hear her if she had a catastrophe.

It was really windy this morning and so I thought we could make some windsocks together for outside the playroom window. Of course the wind has totally disappeared now. It does look like it is about to pour down though.

I had three sets of parents contact me yesterday and so I am waiting to hear back from them. I don't think any of them will come to anything though. Hopefully it is a sign though that things are picking up.

Mouse, do you do anything to promote your facebook page, or do you just add photos to it?

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Mouse, do you do anything to promote your facebook page, or do you just add photos to it?
    I mainly just add photos to it but I will post links to it where I can.

If there’s a post on a local selling/info page where someone is looking for a childminder, someone will usually tag my page in it. Or if I’m looking for work I’ll post a link to it on a selling page. Sometimes I’ll use the page to comment on posts I see. For example, a friend of a friend was opening a new baby supplies shop so I put a congratulations post from my business page rather than my personal one.

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your day out Mouse! DH is going to come to lidl with me tomorrow as he wants to get some bits from the middle and doesn't want me to get the wrong ones .... I'm going to miss my time on my own !

Hope parent visit goes well.

I love it when new/prospective parents interact with my Facebook page. I put photos of our days out, activities, stories, links to YouTube videos and pages that might be of interest to parents. My 'new' mum ( babe due to start at some point this summer! ) said the other day that she can't wait till her child is joining in the fun she sees. I never put the children' in the photos , other than hands/feet/ tops of heads! The other day you could hear them joining in with the story and giggling, but I was very careful to make sure I didn't use their names.
    I have posted when I had a space coming up, but I tend not to. My 'about me' says to please get in touch if enquiring for a space.

Maza, hope DDs baking goes well. My DD has been doing lots of baking, and I get random requests for random items .... I mean .... why don't we have coconut milk powder or ground flaxseed???!!!!
    I hope your new children enquiries come to something.

It's raining and is miserable here! Typical half term!!!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the brownies were delicious Loocyloo!

I also once put on my fb page that I had a vacancy and a lady got in touch about it. Because she did it via fb I checked out her profile and nearly all of her posts were about the naughty things the child had done, lol. They did look scary (judgmental of me, I know) and so I had to explain that the place had gone. I also now tell them to just contact me to ask about vacancies.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I also once put on my fb page that I had a vacancy and a lady got in touch about it. Because she did it via fb I checked out her profile and nearly all of her posts were about the naughty things the child had done, lol. They did look scary (judgmental of me, I know) and so I had to explain that the place had gone. I also now tell them to just contact me to ask about vacancies.
    I prefer that potential parents contact me through my FB page. Like you, it means I can do a bit of research (snooping!) before agreeing to meet them! There have been some that I've rejected due to what I read, but there are others where knowing a bit about them has given me the edge when it comes to meeting them. If they are an outdoorsy family I emphasis all of our outdoor play, if they are a musical family I make sure the instruments are out and if they are an academic family I highlight the learning potential in out activities. It can certainly be very useful.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I prefer that potential parents contact me through my FB page. Like you, it means I can do a bit of research (snooping!) before agreeing to meet them! There have been some that I've rejected due to what I read, but there are others where knowing a bit about them has given me the edge when it comes to meeting them. If they are an outdoorsy family I emphasis all of our outdoor play, if they are a musical family I make sure the instruments are out and if they are an academic family I highlight the learning potential in out activities. It can certainly be very useful.
    I like your style Mouse!

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been catching up with all the posts as had a couple of days off so not been on here.....love that you filter people via Facebook as I do that too I have had a couple of enquiries this week via my Facebook page but I don't have any spaces until September but they are looking for April start.

We have spent a couple of days doing some jobs around the house including a new shed in the garden for the toys! Today I am supposed to be sorting everything out ready to put in the new shed. We need to go to the pet shop today which is next to a well known coffee chain and DH is really missing his coffee so we might grab a take away.

The weather is looking a bit brighter this coming week.
    Pixie Dust