Good afternoon Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Thursday

What a lovely day it's been. When I first got up it was raining heavily, but that soon stopped and the sun came out. It's still been a bit cold, but the sunshine has been lovely. It really feels as if spring is on its way.

We were outside a lot this morning. I found some sweetpea seeds in a drawer so we've been planting those in pots. I'm not sure they'll come to anything but the children enjoyed it.

Was anyone aware of the ThumbsUpForEarlyYears campaign that's been going on today? I saw a brief mention of it the other day but hadn't really taken much notice of it. It doesn't seem to have been very well publicised. From what I've seen today on social media, it hasn't been at all well received by early years workers. Maybe it would have been better if we'd been told about it in advance.

I finished work at 3pm so I'm already in weekend mood. I usually pack everything away on a Thursday but I've got a family coming for a visit tomorrow so I've left it all out. I'm going to give it a good clean now (well, when I've finished my coffee) then I'll pack it away tomorrow after they've been. I'll still get most of the weekend clutter free!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had rain all morning, but as DD had an appointment at a clinic next to a wood.... we dropped her off, went for a walk in the mud and rain, collected her and came home! Lovely to have walked somewhere 'new'!!!

Just pottered this afternoon and investigated the loose parts .... job after tea is to tidy them up!

I found some 'giant' sweet pea seeds that we'll plant in a few weeks.

I saw/ heard about the thumbs up campaign earlier today. I know it's not fantastic, and we've been a bit ignored/forgotten etc, but at least we're being acknowledged! I haven't got the energy to be offended by it.

Good luck with the family visit tomorrow Mouse.

No idea what we're doing tomorrow! Going to see what the children fancy doing when they arrive.

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the family visiting tomorrow Mouse.

I had an easy peasy day today. We spent the morning in the woods and then lunch and nap. Mindee went home straight after his nap as he had his two year check appointment. We then had a Monopoly evening. I really didn't want to do it, but I'm glad I forced myself.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I just read some threads about the thumbs up campaign on fb. I didn't know anything about it. Seems to have hit a raw nerve with some people.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh, I just read some threads about the thumbs up campaign on fb. I didn't know anything about it. Seems to have hit a raw nerve with some people.
    I don’t think I’ve ever know a group of people get so easily offended over absolutely everything!
    One person says they’re offended by something and suddenly hundreds jump on the bandwagon, slating what’s been said and bombarding the ‘offender’ with emails and ranting posts on social media.

Apparently the thumbs up campaign was organised by some nurseries in acknowledgement of all early years workers. Ofsted and DfE were asked to join in, which they did, only to have a barrage of abuse aimed at them for having thought up such a stupid idea, which they hadn’t. Ofsted ended up removing their post, presumably because of all the negativity.

What could have been a really positive show of support for early years workers turned into a nasty slanging match. I feel very sorry for the people who tried to do something nice, only for it to turn ugly.

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post