Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

These Monday mornings are coming round way too fast!

One of my children has changed days this week, so I'll have a busy day today but then a quiet Thursday to end my working week. I've got a feeling it's half term this week, but as I don't have any children going to school at the moment, it'll be a week just like any other! The only difference will be the lack of children going past the house to get to school, but as there have been so few of them going lately, it won't be a noticeable difference.

The weather is slightly warmer today, but we've now got persistent rain instead. I'm not sure which is worse - the cold or the wet. I think I'd just prefer some sunshine.

Did anyone watch Great Pottery Throwdown last night? I'm not finding this series as captivating as the others were, which is a shame because I normally love it. I don't think there are many weeks left now, so I'll watch till the end - mainly because there's nothing else on on a Sunday evening!

Any plans for the week ahead? We're doing pancake pictures today then will make pancakes tomorrow. What do you have on yours? I like a sprinkle of sugar and a squirt of lemon juice.

Enjoy your week. Good luck if you've got extra schoolies this week

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sugar and lemon for me! I do absolutely love maple syrup or nutella too, but lemon and sugar is traditional for me and takes me right back to my childhood. I'll be making pancakes with water instead of milk for mindee as he has a dairy allergy.

I'm desperately trying to book my first aid course. The only one at a reasonable distance is £108, so I was trying to find a cheaper one. No one is getting back to me, apart from one company, but they need 4 people before they will book a venue. It's £85, so a bit cheaper. Think I might just have to book the £108 one to be on the safe side. I think they are all a bit more expensive than usual because they have to keep their numbers down.

It is half term and DD said she really, really needs this holiday. It's interesting that the home learning has drained her more than being at school. I think the home learning is just so monotonous after a while without the added benefit of the social interaction. So, we won't be as tied to the house this week as I can take DD out to the woods with us. Thankfully the weather is a bit nicer.

We're learning about '2' so we have been reading Noah's Ark and counting the pairs of animals. Mindee keeps telling me it is 'Father Christmas on a boat', or 'Father Christmas with a rainbow'.

Have a lovely Monday everyone!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

ooooo, can't wait for pancake day tomorrow ... pancakes for breakfast, snack, lunch & tea! ( usually savoury for lunch ... cheese and ham, and tea ... tuna and/or chicken in white sauce ) as well as sweet ones. I like lemon and sugar best, but we also have maple and golden syrup, jam, honey, chocolate spread, banana and last year, one of my schoolies requested yogurt ! I usually end up cooking 100's, but as I don't have any of my schoolies with it being half term, and then none of my holiday schoolies, I won't be making nearly so many!

We'll probably make some paper pancakes and try tossing them, or doing that game where you flap a folded newspaper at it to try and get it to move down a track. Also, lots of balancing games with beanbags.

Maza, i think first aid courses are just getting more and more expensive as time goes by. I know i mentioned them before, but have you looked at tigerlily blended pead 1st aid? £95 ( but can get a discount if gold member with childcare.co.uk or pacey .. you need to go through the childcare/pacey website to get discount ) I found it very thorough and well done.

It's very foggy here. I've been out to do a couple of jobs, and the morning fog hasn't cleared at all. It is much warmer though! We've got intermittent rain forecast for pretty much the rest of the week. However, we can't go anywhere or do anything exciting so heyho !!!! I'm mentally preparing myself for tomorrow ... one mindee has been off for a week ( not ill, just off! ) and so tomorrow will be incredibly grumpy and miserable as he remembers that in my house, I'M in charge, not HIM !!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, I looked at tigerlily after your recommendation, but they have none close by at all. The amount I would spend getting there would make it not such a good deal.

Good luck with your little one back from his week off!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo, I looked at tigerlily after your recommendation, but they have none close by at all. The amount I would spend getting there would make it not such a good deal.

Good luck with your little one back from his week off!
    That's a shame. I had to drive for 1hr 20 for mine, but the closest I would have ever found would have been 45 mins!

Thanks xx

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Loocyloo, that was quite faraway for you too. The problem is, because I don't drive, DH has to drive me therck, and he obviously can't wait around for me, so he has to do the trip 4 times in one day, so that limits me too. I don't really want to be getting public transport if I can help it at the moment.

It's irritating because it's not exactly an uplifting course where you come back brimming with ideas that you can't wait to try out!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh goodness Maza, that is a tough one. and no, i can't say you come home full of ideas !!!!

13. Likes Maza liked this post