It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

The weather’s horrible so I’m not planning on venturing out today. I was hoping for a bit more snowy and icy weather so I could do my frozen water activity for the children, but looking at the forecast for the week ahead, we’re just due rain, rain and more rain.

A while ago I signed up to do a course that now needs completing ASAP, so that’s my job for this weekend. I’ve got everything set out ready, I just need to force myself to get started on it One more cup of coffee and a slice of toast and I should be good to go

Who’s going to be watching the Masked Singer tonight? I’ve got into quite late on so if they do another series I’ll have to make sure I watch it from the beginning. So far I’ve been pretty rubbish at it and haven’t had any idea who anyone is, but then I’ve probably missed the majority of the clues they’ve given! From having started the year with very little to watch on TV, I seem to be watching an awful lot now. I need to write myself a list though as I forget what’s on where and when

How’s everyone doing in themselves? I had a bit of a mood dip for a few days, but have picked up again now. This lockdown does seem to be dragging on and I found it hard to stay positive when the light at the end of the tunnel seems so far away. If anyone is struggling, don’t forget we’re all here to help. Send a private message if you ever need a chat

Enjoy your weekends and make sure you all take time to relax and do something nice for yourselves

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, one of our neighbours secretly put a bunch of daffodils on everyone's doorstep - there are 6 houses on our close. She told us later on the whatsapp group that it was her. DH and I had suspected a different neighbour. It was such a lovely gesture and I'm looking at them now on my fireplace - they are such cheerful flowers.

Yes, we'll be watching the masked singer tonight. We have also started watching the first series alongside the second - it is too much information to hold in our heads, we can't remember which clue was said by which contestant! Last night, I watched the Katie Price and Harvey documentary. It was really good and highlighted such an important issue. We've also started watching 'It's a Sin' on channel 4. Not one to watch with the kids, but we are really enjoying it - especially the 80s soundtrack. 'Enjoying' is probably the wrong word to use, as it is quite sad, but you know what I mean.

Hope your course is good Mouse. Did you pack away your playroom? I put the shelves away, so that's the faffy bit done - I just have to pack away the Sylvanian toys and put the gloves and socks that we were pairing up back in my drawers, so I only get half a point this week.

Everytime I go to the co-op I treat myself to a storage basket and I am working my way through all my cupboards and drawers trying to organise them. I get a great feeling of satisfaction. I really need to get two or three this weekend as things are starting to topple in a few places! How exciting does my weekend sound?

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

Well .... another rainy rainy day!

I was looking for a particular top and ended up emptying my wardrobe and sorting it out. I found whole stash of new tshirts that I totally forgot I had bought!

I've got a few shelves to sort out in the playroom, I was sorting out boxes of bits with 4yr old mindee yesterday. He had great fun, and ended up taking a few bits home!

Maza, that's really nice of your neighbour.

I think alot of people had a bit of a dip this past week ..... lockdown combined with just totally miserable weather is not great. Hugs to us all. You're right Mouse ... we need to find time and things to do to and relax and not spend all our time working! I enjoy finding crafts and activities, even doing paperwork etc and it doesn't feel like work, but because I can't go anywhere and do anything else, I am finding myself doing it a lot of the time!

Yes ... I'll be watching the masked singer! I want to watch 'it's a sin' but I don't think I'll be able to take it emotionally. Aids was something, for some reason, I knew a lot about; possibly due to my parents friends and it was scary.
    The other programmes we've been watching lately are 'only connect' ...ooooo the satisfaction in solving a puzzle! Last week I got 2 before the teams did! And death in paradise. Tomorrow night there is 'Musicals, The greatest show' on bbc1, which will be great couple of hours viewing.
    Other than that, our screen watching is determined by DD! .. we've watched Joan of Arc, Macbeth and I,Tonya for her drama lessons, several ballets and introduced her to a fair few musicals she hadn't really seen .... she knows of them/ the songs and usually a dance or two, but hadn't seen the whole thing!

Stay safe, stay warm and stay dry everyone.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Double post! It said it hadn't posted ... when it had!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 06-02-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I want to watch 'it's a sin' but I don't think I'll be able to take it emotionally. Aids was something, for some reason, I knew a lot about; possibly due to my parents friends and it was scary.
    I keep meaning to watch It's A Sin. Apparently one of the characters is based on someone who was a couple of years ahead of me at school. I think he was probably the first openly gay person I knew. I knew he'd died when he was quite young but at the time it was said locally he'd had cancer. It was only years later that we found out he'd had AIDS. It's a shame it was felt it had to be hidden.

I remember when AIDS first became known about. There was a lot of fear about catching it from drinking glasses, touching door handles etc etc. As a teenager in the 80s it was a scary thing. Thank goodness we're better educated about it now.

9. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I keep meaning to watch It's A Sin. Apparently one of the characters is based on someone who was a couple of years ahead of me at school. I think he was probably the first openly gay person I knew. I knew he'd died when he was quite young but at the time it was said locally he'd had cancer. It was only years later that we found out he'd had AIDS. It's a shame it was felt it had to be hidden.

I remember when AIDS first became known about. There was a lot of fear about catching it from drinking glasses, touching door handles etc etc. As a teenager in the 80s it was a scary thing. Thank goodness we're better educated about it now.
    I remember the Hysteria about touching things. My parents had quite a few gay friends, but it was 'normal' in a way, and I remember it being talked about at school and being shocked how prejudiced people were, as I just knew they were people like everyone else, and shouldn't be demonised.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone ! We were expecting to wake up to a lot of snow but it hasn't happened yet just a light covering.

DH had his covid vaccine yesterday but has had a bit of a reaction so has gone back to bed, he has had a high temperature plus aching all over but they did say that might happen.
    I have watched the first 2 episodes of It's a sin but need to watch the rest, DH doesn't enjoy dramas so I will have to watch it when he isn't about.

Yesterday I went out with the dog then spent the afternoon sewing whilst DH watched both rugby matches so today plans are a quick clean around the house then set up the playroom for tomorrow then hopefully a bit more relaxing on the sofa. Like everyone else is saying this last week has been quite hard so I am making sure I look after myself too. I think the weather the last couple of weekends has been so awful which has stopped us getting out.
    Keep warm and happy Sunday.
    Pixie Dust