It’s the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

And what a wet, windy and miserable weekend it is! This weather certainly isn’t helping my mood

I haven’t really got any plans for the weekend. I’m getting a bit fed up of sorting out all the time. I’ve still got plenty of cupboards that need clearing out but I’m running out of motivation to do them. Everything seems so samey at the moment so I need to come up with a project that’ll keep me busy and that I’ll actually enjoy doing. I’ve got a couple of sewing kits that I could get started on so I might have to push myself to sit and do those. I know I have got plenty of nice things I could be doing if only my motivation hadn’t disappeared.

Anyway, I shouldn’t feel sorry for myself as I know there are a lot of people in much worse situations. Unfortunately I also know a lot of people who aren’t adhering to lockdown rules are are meeting up with friends etc all the time. It does make sticking to the rules a bit harder when you see others aren't.

On a much brighter note, my newest future mindee is due to put in an appearance very soon. I’m eagerly awaiting a message to say he’s arrived! Mum’s only just reached her due date so I know it could be a little while longer yet, but I can’t help grabbing my phone every time I hear it ping

I’ve decided I’ll watch Masked Singer again tonight...I didn’t think I’d ever say that My grandson has told me I should watch The Wheel as well, but I’m not convinced. I’m not a fan of Michael McIntyre and it’s him that puts me off.

Have good weekends everyone. Stay safe and stay dry

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is wet and miserable at the moment.

I've got lots of little things that I could be doing, like making some labels for some toy boxes, or sorting out my garden to make it more childminder friendly and making random resources/storage solutions.

We love Michael McIntyre! We also watched the pottery throw down for the first time last night. It was rather enjoyable, so we'll watch another one tonight - I think it was you who recommended it Mouse. I might give the masked singer a go then, it's fun to have something frivolous to watch that we can watch as a family.

I'm just waiting for a load of laundry to finish and then I'm taking the dog for a soggy walk.

My February Wanderlust box should be arriving any day. They are sweet little boxes, but a tad pricey. Don't think I can justify another one - I only got this one because I had a money off coupon.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Saturday!

No plans here either! I've got no motivation to do anything or go anywhere. I've done the weekly shop in a very quiet lidl and dropped some activities off to one of my minded children who isn't coming at the moment.

I do need to put January's book away, and get out the bits for February, but that's about it!

How exciting Mouse... hope your new Mindee turns up soon! I had a new one arrive last November and another is due in about 6-8 weeks! Not sure where I'm going to put that one!

Stay safe, warm and dry everyone xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooooo .... very exciting .... I 'broke' my 'buy no new resources' to buy some alphablock cards and an alphablock magazine with lots of letters on the front. They arrived this afternoon and I've already had fun!

I love the cards and my mindee will love the little letters! I found them on the '5minutefun' website and just wanted to share!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So ... we are now addicted to the masked singer

6. Likes loocyloo, Mouse liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent yesterday doing my 1st aid practical. Finished around 2.30. The weather was just dreadful all day and still the same at bedtime. Today is a clear up day and prepare for work tomorrow. My daughter has a new job and I’ll be looking after my youngest grandson. The 6 yr old will stay at home with her to do school work. I can see that causing a few meltdowns but not much I can do about it. Making some soups today for lunches this week. Enjoy your Sunday everyone

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    It was a good one last night! ....I knew Viking was Morten Harkett from the first time I heard him sing! ... AHA fan from way back when! We'd also guessed Lenny Henry. But usually I have no idea!

Enjoy xxx ( you'll have to find old episodes on catch up! )

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely DH has got in to it too, he sat there last night trying to guess who everyone is ! Maza what to you get in the wanderlust boxiest curious. We did have a seed box for a while but it was working out quite expensive so I stopped that.

Weather is bit better today yesterday was awful but we did go out on a long walk with the dog. DH is pressure washing the decking as its got so green and slippery with all this rain. I have done a few jobs around the house and set the playroom up ready for tomorrow annoyingly I can't find some of my pattern boards that I have obviously put away in safe place when I had a sort out at the start of lockdown one.

Plans for the afternoon are a couple of catch up calls with family then a bit of sewing before a roast cooked by DH.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I wasn't that far ahead! I did think one of them sounded like Lenny Henry though - probably be the wrong one knowing me!

Pixiedust, in my December box I got:
    a lanke kade wooden owl
    a handmade crocheted snowflake
    10 little trees made from bark
    number cards 1-10 (photos of the numerals created with natural winter objects, eg pine cones

We then got some activity ideas similar to the ones on the wanderlust course - they came on lovely card with colour photographs.

I'll let you know what I get in my February box.

12. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I wasn't that far ahead! I did think one of them sounded like Lenny Henry though - probably be the wrong one knowing me!

Pixiedust, in my December box I got:
    a lanke kade wooden owl
    a handmade crocheted snowflake
    10 little trees made from bark
    number cards 1-10 (photos of the numerals created with natural winter objects, eg pine cones

We then got some activity ideas similar to the ones on the wanderlust course - they came on lovely card with colour photographs.

I'll let you know what I get in my February box.
    Thanks Maza I have lost my way a little with the wanderlust course, not really done any of the activities for a while not too sure what week its supposed to be either
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post