Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Wednesday

What a busy morning we've had!

The first child arrived a few minutes early this morning and I wasn't quite ready. It meant I was trying to set the last few bits up while he was racing around! I managed to get myself organised before the others got here so the rest of the morning flowed nicely. We seemed to get so much done and it was lunch time before I knew it. They're now eating and I've come online to print off some work sheets for the 3 year old. I don't normally do them very often, but she loves them and keeps asking for more I've laminated some for her so she can write on them & wipe it off again. She spends ages working on them while the little ones sleep after lunch.

I was disappointed to see all of our snow had gone this morning, but very pleased to see the ice has gone with it! I'll be able to do a food shop this evening without fear of falling over on my way into the shop I was going to go last night but it was just too icy. It meant we had nothing specific to eat for dinner last night, but I managed to rustle up a meal of sorts from bits I found in the freezer. While I was digging around in there I found a couple of polar bears I'd put in a couple of weeks back and forgotten about They're ice cube moulds in a polar bear shape and I'll use them next week in an arctic animal activity.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I do simple work sheets here. I’ve got a child who was 3 sept, knows and recognises all there letters and numbers can write their name. When they started showing an interest I carried it along .worksheet last week was to circle all the letters on the page beginning with a N. They found that simple. They was meant to start nursery last September but is not going now until this September, happy to say they are staying with me 👏

If your mindee is showing an interest and enjoys worksheets go for it I always have and put in their learning journey.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our snow has gone too - just random snowmen everywhere! It's just wet and soggy everywhere now. When mindee arrived this morning he walked in and slipped flat onto his back. Fortunately he was so padded up with his layers that he didn't hurt himself, but it is something I will have to look into.

We've done lots of water play this morning in the kitchen. Now I have several big towels drying everywhere from the floor. Mindee is on his third set of clothes. I've just cleaned some stubborn tea stains off my white units - I used bar keepers friend. You probably all know about that product already, but if you haven't, it's miracle stuff! Someone on here recommended it years ago when my DD drew on the bath.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

We've played outside most of the day .. huge enjoyment of 2inch thick blocks of ice! They are now covered in sand, have dinos balanced on them and goodness knows what else!

I have a 4 yr old who loves a work sheet! ..
    He's usually at school nursery 3 days a week but isn't going at the moment, so he has a 'special' box that only comes out at naptime with worksheets ( i too have laminated a fair few! ) and puzzles/ games/ books etc 'just' for him. I either photograph for scrapbook and send them home or put the occasional one in scrapbook to show progression.

My friend just said schools might go back on 8th March? Then 3 weeks in school then Easter hols! I'd rather they just stayed off till Easter! Primary at least!