Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

We’ve got another cold and frosty day. No more snow, but plenty left from the weekend. The front garden is still nice and fresh but the back garden is looking a bit trampled and muddy after the children played out in it yesterday. We’ll play in the front garden this morning, to make the most of it, but then I’d be happy for the sun to come out and melt it all away Unfortunately it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen so I guess we’ll just be left with treacherous ice. For once it’s probably a good job we can’t go anywhere!

This afternoon I’ve promised the children we’ll have a hot chocolate treat, complete with cream and marshmallows. We did it before Christmas and they loved it. They’ve asked for it a couple of times since and I thought there’s no better time than a snowy day! One of my mindees isn’t allowed sweet things, but he’s not here today so we’ll sneak the hot chocs in without him knowing.

I’ve haven’t really got anything else planned for the day. We’re just going to go with the flow and see where it takes us.

Have good days all. If you’ve got snow and ice, take care

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, I am just thawing out after a very cold school run. Only have 2 today and they are currently happy playing tea parties, no real plans for today I am sure we will go out in the garden later as we normally go out after snack. I need to make a cake at some point today ready for tomorrow as we have a little one with a Birthday.

Your hot chocolate plan sounds great Mouse, the last time we had hot chocolate everyone was very excited for something different but then didn't drink it

Keep warm everyone.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Is it only just before 10!!!! We've done lots of singing and story telling and drawing and painting and had snack!
    It's still -1° outside and very icy .... but I think we'll head out for a run around the garden in a bit!

Trying to teach an almost 3 yr old how to draw/ colour with pencil crayons .... he just tickles the paper! I use pens most of the time as they get a result with not much effort, but it helps with fine motor/writing etc if they can grip firmly etc. We do lots of 'finger gym' type stuff, but his grip is not great! Time to get the pegs out i think!

Stay warm and enjoy your hot choc... only one of mine today likes it ... we might have it as a sneaky treat whilst the younger ones are asleep!

xx

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember once it was a freezing, hostile day and we had just done the school run. We used to have to get a bus back and we had just missed the bus, so I decided to treat mindee and DD to a hot chocolate in a cafe. I was feeling generous and very sorry for them so I said they could have any luxury toppings they wanted. They both ordered a tap water

We've just been out in the snow in the garden. We had the sledge out but mindee didn't want to go on it after falling out of it last week, so he pulled gruffalo around in it instead. I also got an 'ice sheet' out of the freezer that I had prepared for us to do some water colour painting - that kept mindee entertained for about 20 seconds.

We're going to do some big drawing later - I've got some cardboard boxes that I want to get rid of, but I can't until I have re-used them first! We currently like opening them up flat and drawing on them together.

Keep warm everyone.

6. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I use pegs also for pegging on the correct number card ( peg has a number attached to it).

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post