It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

It's a bit late in the day, but welcome to the weekend!

I was excited when I got up this morning and it was snowing! It was really heavy to start with but sadly it didn't last long and we just had drizzle for the rest of the day. Is anyone else looking forward to the summer

Today I've been sorting and selling toys online. I decided to empty out one cupboard and get rid of as much stuff as possible. It's taken me hours!! By the time I'd sorted, photographed, listed everything and replied to all the messages, it took way longer than I'd expected. I have made a nice amount of money, but it's been hard work Now I've just got to pack everything up and send DH to the post office with it on Monday - they're going to love him

Something new for tonight - I watched the Mask Singer! What an odd programme! I can't say it's my usual sort of thing, but I did strangely enjoy it I only watched it because my grandson was telling me about it and I want to be able to talk to him about it. I think we'll both sit and watch it when he's here next week. I'm now watching the Voice. Again, it's not something I ever watch, but I can't be bothered to get up and change channels, so it'll do for now

I've got no real plans for tomorrow (apart from packing lots of parcels!) so I think I'll have a lazy, TV watching, book reading sort of day!

I hope you're all enjoying your weekends.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Mouse well done on reducing your toys!

That's a job I need to do .... but everytime I look I think 'oh, I love that' !!!

And I love the Masked Singer .... it's odd but strangely addictive! My 18yr old DS who doesn't watch any TV... sits and watches with us !!! DD and DH then love the wheel!

I didn't do much yesterday and won't do much either today! Just curl up with a book.

Stay safe, warm and dry everyone xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the wheel too!

We have wonderful snow!!!

I finally packed away the rest of the playroom yesterday afternoon and it's almost time to set it up again!

We are having a bit of a heavy weekend. DH's mum has dementia which is getting worse and DH wants to move her into a home, but his brothers are resisting. We have a family call this afternoon. Poor DH hardly slept last night. She doesn't live in this country so it is twice as hard to manage.

Back to brighter things, it's my mindee's birthday tomorrow, so I need to find the balloons to decorate the front door and find a recipe for a dairy free birthday cake. His parents are picking him up an hour early too, so a lovely day all round!

Well done Mouse on getting rid of some toys! Did you sort out under your bed?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been enjoying a lovely quiet weekend, walking the dog, a bit of cleaning and managed to do some sewing which is no mean feat when you have a puppy that want to help We have already been out for a rather frosty walk this morning so the plans for the rest of the day are relaxing with a book and hopefully more sewing.

Mouse sounds like you had a very productive time, what are you going to spend your money on ....new resources

Maza thats really hard, as a family we went through something similar last year when my dad was ill, thankfully he is a lot better now and back home.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone , keep nice and warm xxx
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Snowing here in Kent. So nice to see it and not have to think about doing school runs if it’s still around tomorrow. Had a really lazy day yesterday. So today I’m planning to get through the to do list I made at the beginning of January. It involves going in the loft and it’s soo cold up there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Well done Mouse on getting rid of some toys! Did you sort out under your bed?

I dug everything out and realise most of it was DH's junk! We're supposed to have half the space each, but his stuff has obviously crept over to my side I found 3 of my last years boots! Three! One pair and another one. I don't know where its partner is. So now I'm stuck - do I keep the odd one in the hope the other one turns up, or do I assume I've got rid of it already and ditch this one?

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

We are having a bit of a heavy weekend. DH's mum has dementia which is getting worse and DH wants to move her into a home, but his brothers are resisting. We have a family call this afternoon. Poor DH hardly slept last night. She doesn't live in this country so it is twice as hard to manage.

I hope your family call goes OK Maza. It really is such a difficult decision to make and is even trickier by being in a different country. We had to make the same decision last year with MIL. Luckily we were all in agreement, although DH found it really hard.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

Mouse sounds like you had a very productive time, what are you going to spend your money on ....new resources
    Of course

The plan is to save it until the summer and get some new outdoor toys

13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have snow...and lots of it!

I nipped to the shop earlier on to get a couple of bits I needed for next week and about 4 inches of snow fell in the 15 minutes I was in the shop! The drive home was horrendous and I was glad to get in. I've told DH that next time I suggest going out as the snow is starting, he's to say no!

15. Likes Maza liked this post