Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

What a miserable day it's been. The rain started early this morning and I don't think it's stopped since. I don't usually mind being out in a bit of rain, but this is horrible today. I might have to think about getting a covered area for outside so we can play out without getting wet.

We have had a lovely day indoors though. I covered the big table in paper and got lots of different things out - crayons, oil pastels, paint sticks, chalk, pencils, stampers, stickers etc. The children loved working together. We now have a lovely big picture and nowhere big enough to put it I did send a photo to the parents and asked if any of them wanted it - they all said no

We've also had the playdough out, which we do most days at the moment. Rather than get any tools or decorations out I said we'd see what we could make just with out hands. I showed the children how to roll out long sausages/snakes and how to roll them round to make spiral snails. The children did really well, even if some of the snakes ended up looking a bit rude, especially when they held them up and flopped them about

I hope you've been having good days.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you've had a lovely day Mouse.

We spent this morning reading stories and singing and dancing, then after lunch, whilst littlest 2 napped, we've watched a 'big machines' dvd ... it was DSs when he was little .... but although dated, it was still great to watch! ... cow poo lake anyone ? those napping woke up and joined to watch rest of dvd! Biggest has had a couple of 10 minute dozes too!

Dvd is just finishing but no one wants to do anything! Think we'll make a den in playroom and hole up there! Teatime soon and home time!

More rain forecast tomorrow! What Joy!

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain, rain go away! I’ve had enough now.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post