Good afternoon Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Monday

Hello everyone. How's your morning been?

I've just got 2 children here today so it's a relatively quiet day. The weather has been nice (well, warmer than it has been) so we spent a lot of time in the garden this morning. Even the child who doesn't like to be outside was happier to stay out, which was a bonus! The fresh air and running round was good for them and they both went off to sleep straight after lunch. It's given me chance to catch up on some paperwork and get the playdough set up ready for when they wake up.

I'm sure I've asked before, but is anyone else watching The Great Pottery Throw Down? Last night was week 2 but I just can't seem to get into it. I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems different this time and I'm not enjoying it as much as I usually do. It's a shame because there isn't much else to tune into at the moment.

What's everyone got planned for the week? I need to get the children's assessments done so I can do some more specific planning for them. I know one of them is showing signs of speech delay so I need to have a look into that. I've also got two 2 year old assessments to do. I usually try to do them just before the health visitor assessment, but I'm not sure what's happening with those at the moment. I always ask parents to tell me when they've got their appointment through so that I can do the 2 year check, but they often don't tell me till the day before and I'm left hurriedly trying to get one written!

Enjoy the rest of the day

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!!!

as usual on my day 'off', i've been getting jobs done! nothing major, just lots of little bits! the only 'work' job i have left to do, is to sort out an 'activity' box for my once a week schoolie. She loves craft, but is missing having others to work with on projects and things ... so we made a list of things 'we' ( she ) could do, and i'm going to put them together and she can chose one each week. Things like sewing a felt finger puppet/little toy, making bracelets, making peg dolls etc. I've got pretty much everything, and what isn't in the box, she can root around in my collage box for!

Today has been warmer, but we are now forecast rain for the rest of the week !!! i don't think i've got any rainy day activities left ... so that will be lots of energetic singing and dancing going on! I've got a couple of boys that need exercising! We might get outside for a bit of a splash in the rain ... usually i'd go for a walk, but i'm not doing that at the moment.

I watched the Pottery thing last night - I loved the fairy house thing, the lighthouse and the mill was amazing. I haven't really watched it before, apart from the odd bit, and i'm not sure i'll make a point of watching. I'm not watching anything apart from the masked singer

Enjoy doing your 2 yr checks. Our HVs do them literally the day the child turns 2, so I do them for the day they turn 2 as well !!!! I've got one with a minor speech delay; he's listening and understanding, and an excellent communicator, but the actual speech hasn't quite come yet. I know it will, so we're just reading/singing/talking lots and encouraging him to join in.

take care all! stay warm and dry!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one today. She’s 3 on Saturday. She doesn’t attend any preschool so the preschool other children I’ve had go to, is sending me activities for the week very useful. Today we collected sticks and made stick man. Read the story at least 5 times now.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When you do the 2 year check do you use your own form that you have made up, or do you use one from your LA? I've got one turning two next week and I am booked onto a course in a couple of months time with my LA about their new form - so I don't know whether to wait until then, or whether to just get it done. I always used to use my own form as my old LA didn't have one. Are the HVs actually doing the two year checks at the moment with lockdown?

Today, I took my mindee to the 'library' - a bookshelf in the spare room where I keep some books. He absolutely loves it, bless him, and we choose two or three books to add to the playroom. We've turned it into a big adventure and he really does feel like he's going on a day out - no memories of pre-lockdown I guess. Goodness knows how excited he'll get when we can go to an actual library with shelves and shelves of books!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aw Maza, that's so lovely.

I just use my own as LA/HV didn't have one as such ! ... literally just a couple of sentences on each of the 3 areas and age band for secure/ developing/ emerging etc, a brief note on COEL and then another note on what child likes doing at mine&home and then anything we're going to work on together .... putting coat on, using potty etc

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our LA have never had a standardised form for 2 year checks so I do my own. I’m not sure how/if the HV assessments are taking place at the moment. I’ll have to look into it.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In our area they have been doing 2 year old checks over the phone. We have to upload ours on to the LA portal so I use their version so I don't have to double up on paperwork.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza liked this post