Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone!

Today is my day with the destructive 2 year old and he's already caused chaos among the other children. He's a big lad and just bulldozes his way through whatever the other children are doing! I can distract him for a while, but he soon goes back to tipping everything out and destroying everything in sight. I know it's a phase and he'll grow out of it...the sooner the better would be good

The weather is looking quite promising for today - blue sky, a bit of sunshine and not too cold - so we'll head out into the garden after snack time and hopefully stay there until lunchtime. The child who doesn't like being outside isn't here today which makes it easier. The other children all love being in the garden so I know I'll have no complaints from them

After lunch we're going to do some junk modelling. I'm not sure all the children are really old enough to understand the concept, but they like using masking tape to stick things together so I'm sure they'll have fun! I had saved some lovely cardboard boxes for them to use, only to find that DH has recycled them! They we like big matchboxes, with slide out parts and I thought they'd be fab. Why on earth he didn't realised they were piled up in the kitchen for a reason, I really don't know. He should be well enough trained to know not to get rid of anything that might be useful

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, your DH throwing away the boxes made me laugh! I remember the first time DH stayed home. I fed the baby and toddlers and then went out until lunchtime. He had packed away all the highchairs thinking he was being helpful! Did he really think I would get them out and put them away three times a day with toddlers running under my feet?

We've had lots of pretend cooking and then playdough play. Mindeee was reluctant to even touch playdough when he first started here, but this morning he actually asked for it and then played with it for ages. We're just having a snack now ans while I was getting it ready I put on 'The Toddler Club'. Have you seen it? It's a new show and is a follow on from 'The Baby Club' which I always thought was quite sweet and wholesome. Mindee was absolutely captivated, lol. It's only 5-10 minutes long.

Has this new lockdown made any of you change your routine regarding taking mindees out? I'm planning on carrying on as we were as we always went for socially distanced walks anyway. Our playgrounds are still open in this lockdown - they weren't in the last one.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, We have had a lovely morning which has flown by, after snack we went outside as its quite sunny here and the children love being outside we have now come in for lunch and then we are going to do some painting. It's amazing how a bit of blue sky and sun makes you feel so much better .

Maza I haven't taken the children to the park since first lockdown but we do go for local walks.

Mouse I hope your little one doesn't cause to much destruction today I have a 2 year old who likes to knock everyones towers down when they are building but I think they have gotten used to her doing this now that they don't build when they are here. I used to always keep loads of stuff 'just incase ' but then never used to it so I am being a bit more ruthless now and will get rid of things now.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon all!

We've had a brilliant morning out in the garden. The sky is blue and the sun is shining.. we started off looking for signs of spring and then found ICE .... we found it on leaves, in pots, in the sand tray, the dumper truck etc! Lots of breaking it up, holding it, dropping it, watching it melt. Some of the ice in the sand tray had formed amazing 'stalactites' ... all shaped like fir trees / snowflakes! We took some photos using the macro zoom on my phone and they look amazing. ( we also ran around crunching on the icy grass and catching bubbles! ) inside i put some icecubes in a tray, plus some ice blocks with sequins/pompoms etc in that I had frozen previously ( drives DH potty ... there are always a few random pots freezing! ) and they spent ages investigating them. We discovered that icecubes straight out of the freezer stuck together so they could build! ( my freezer is now busily making new ice! )

I had planned to make bird feeders! Maybe later!

Mouse ... my 'Mr destruction' has not been too bad today ... so far!

And lol at your DH throwing your junk collection out! I always used to keep everything and most of it would go into school for junk modelling ... but I haven't been since March and the rest of my family STILL ask me, everytime they have an interesting box/packaging if I want it I'm currently collecting pringles tubes ... I can't remember why but at some point it will come to me! They make good simple posting games with holes cut in the lid for lolly sticks or bottle tops.

That tv show sounds good Maza .... I'll have a look for it.

I didn't go to the park in any lockdown, even though its open. Actually, I haven't heard or seen anyone in the park today and it's only across the road! Guess everyone is staying home. I went a few times after school in September/October as it was warm enough and I had hoardes of big schoolies who needed to burn off energy! I'm not going out for local walks; we're staying home and in the garden.
    Last edited by loocyloo; 12-01-2021 at 12:47 PM.

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t been to a park since last March. I do still go out for walks on our own by the river or over the fields.we are always on our own and very rarely see anybody apart from in the distance.

9. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I live opposite the start of a popular walk ... there are always people and their dogs ( and horses! ) going up and down the road! The other 2 local 'walks' are always busy too!
    To get anywhere quieter is a bit of a trek ( and too far for the younger children to walk in winter ) or totally not buggy friendly! In the summer we can be out all day and they walk miles, but again .. just can't avoid people here!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Some places in our village are like that, busy, I’ve learnt where to go where it’s quiet. You have to do what’s best for you. Little children can’t go far in the cold weather, in summer you can sit have a drink and rest.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening.

By the looks of it our beauty spots and parks are busy.

Its been another long day with working and home schooling.

Dd has made a meat and potatoe pie for tea so looking forward to that.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door