Here we are at the start of another week. Just where did the weekend go?

Over the weekend I saw there were calls for the tightening up of lockdown rules and for nurseries to close. I do wonder if we’ll go back to only being allowed keyworker children, like we were in the first lockdown. I know they’re now saying the recommendation is for school children to be kept at home if at all possible, even if parents are keyworkers, so that’s changed from advice at the beginning of last week.

Have you LAs said if they’ll continue to pay funding for any children who don’t attend? I know some have already said they will, while some have said they won’t if parents chose to keep their child at home. As usual, our LA is sitting on the fence and not saying anything! I have one funded child who is being kept at home as mum isn’t working during this lockdown. I totally agree with her that it’s the right thing to do, but it would be nice to know if I’ll still get his funding or not.

What’s everyone up to this week? Today we’re going to make a picture for the child who isn’t coming at the moment and put it in the postbox on our daily walk. Then tomorrow it’s one of the children’s birthdays so we’ll have a little party with a few games. I haven’t planned any further than that yet. I’m very much ‘planning in the moment’ at the moment!

Have good days everyone