Happy New Year’s Eve!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy New Year’s Eve!

I guess this New Year’s Eve will be very different for a lot of people. We haven’t been out for years anyway but normally have family round. This year it’ll just be me and DH. We usually get food in and play family games, but we’re not bothering this year. We’ll have a quiet night watching TV and hoping next year is better!

Like a great number of people, we moved into tier 4 last night. I knew it would happen but wish I’d nipped out to the shops first! I don’t particularly bother with shopping in the sales, but now I really wish I’d at least been for a look! We’ve got so many January birthdays coming up. I guess I’ll have to get all the presents online, or in the supermarket.

Does anyone make New Year's resolutions? Mine is always to stop buying so many toys and resources. I thought I was doing well because I’ve already stopped myself buying a couple of things I saw online...then realised we’re not even in January yet I’ve made a start though. I’ve taken myself off lots of buying & selling pages on Facebook, I’ve stopped following several online shops and I’ve unsubscribed my email address from others. I’m thinking if I see fewer adverts, there’ll be less temptation

I hope everyone has a good night, but I know New Year can be a difficult time for some people. Don’t forget, if you ever need any support, we’re all just a message away

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year Mouse and everyone else on here, it has been great having you all here to 'talk' to in this strange year and I really appreciate all my virtual friends who in the real world I have no clue who you are.

DH and I are having a nice meal at home tonight I went to M&S earlier in the week and got us something nice. We don't normally do anything anyway just a few party nibbles and watch tv. DH normally is in bed way before midnight whilst the rest of us watch the fireworks but this year it will be just the 2 of us.

I have stopped making New Years resolutions and now have a vision board with positive plans for the new year , something I have taken from Hygge in the early years..so last year I had images of places I wanted to visit/ a couple of inspiring quotes and an image of my new kitchen, even in Covid times I managed to achieve some of my goals and the new kitchen is in the first stages of planning.

Have a lovely evening, stay home, stay safe and stay warm as its freezing out there today!
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust I like the idea of a vision board. I might have a go at that.

We have got some buffet bits and pieces - but it is all very 'beige' and doesn't look particularly healthy. I had terrible heartburn yesterday, which I think was my bodies way of telling me to get off the rich food and have a bit of a detox.

I've just been to the post office and bought a couple of books of stamps as I heard they are going up in price in the new year.

Have a lovely day everyone. x

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

and wishing everyone a glorious 2021!

Well .... news years resolutions ... is anyone going to be surprised when I say I'm planning on NOT buying any more resources ( does buying a new storage unit today count??? ) I do need to buy a new rug for the playroom - think its reached the end of it's life with potty training children But i'm REALLY going to try NOT buy new toys or BOOKS. I've got lots of craft stuff, but do need some more paint, I think! Good luck Mouse! I too have deleted lots of selling pages and the like!

I want to try to catch up with old friends, but who knows how possible that will be, with everyone I want to see living in Scotland/Wales or tier 4 !

And echoing Mouse and Pixie ... Thank you to my virtual friends and colleagues, I wouldn't have got through the last year without all of your support. I'd love to meet you all in person ... you are all and incredibly wonderful.

8. Likes Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

I'd love to meet you all in person ... you are all and incredibly wonderful.
    We should all have that on our vision boards for next year

10. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I really appreciate all my virtual friends who in the real world I have no clue who you are.
    !

I am Facebook friends with several people from here but I can’t match up the real person to their username! I’m not even sure if any of them still post on here

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I am Facebook friends with several people from here but I can’t match up the real person to their username! I’m not even sure if any of them still post on here
    I'm not on facebook, so it's not me !!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not on Facebook it scares me for some reason.🤷🏻*♀️

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and a happy new year to everyone . wishing you all a safe and better 2021 .
    I’ll be in bed by 10 so will miss everything. I’m such a light weight!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    We should all have that on our vision boards for next year
    Yes definitely should be on everyone's vision board

I'm not sure who I have on fb and who I don't I did have a major clear out so apologies if I removed any of you it was because i wouldn't have realised who is still from the forum

Happy new years xxx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year everyone. DP and I have spent hours doing a Harry Potter jigsaw that he got for xmas. It’s really hard. I hit a headache in the end and decided it was time to cook some party nibbles and pour the drinks. Looking forward to 3 more peaceful days before I’m bombarded by children who can’t return to school

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post