Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Its snowed

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Its snowed

Proper snow as well.

We were up and out early building snowmen, making snow angels, snowball fights and sledging.

It was so nice to see families out enjoying themselves.

Hope you are all well.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve seem some amazing snow pictures on Facebook, but we’ve got nothing here. We’ve got grey skies and drizzle.

DH and I were going to head out for a walk, but it’s too miserable. I’d enjoy a brisk winter walk, but not a cold, damp, sludgy stroll. I’ll stay inside, where it’s warm, and carry on with my jigsaw

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy you are so lucky! We've had snow, but not enough to stick.

Just got back from walking the dog. We went through the grounds of a local independent school. So beautiful. Really old buildings juxtaposed against state of the art add ons. Not sure we were actually allowed in there, but we just happened upon it! It reminded us of a setting for the murder most unladylike books.

About to attempt to magic up a lunch from very random left over buffet bits. We've got a delicious beef stew out of the freezer for dinner (DH cooks amazing stews). Don't think we'll do much in between.

I've finished the Christmas novel I was reading. I bought it just before lockdown for 20p from the library. I was saving it for December. It was dull and not very Christmasy at all lol.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How lovely Fussy.

We've had a very cold frost and the sky is blue, and ground still white with frost!

I've been sitting by the window in the sun reading! .. that's a shame Maza... what a disappointment. I'm working my way through a crime series. I've recently read 'lockdown' by Peter May .... not Christmasy but written in 2000 about a global pandemic as a background to a crime. Very good, if accurately scary in places.

We're off to a drive in cinema later! Apparently we get a speaker in the car and an app to order food and drink! I'm interested to see how well you can see the screen, and what about the people in the back being able to see.... apparently it's all set up so everyone can see.
    Was thinking of taking a pile of fleece blankets to keep us warm! X

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Was thinking of taking a pile of fleece blankets to keep us warm! X
    I’d take a flask of coffee and as many hot water bottles as you can find!

Have fun. What are you going to watch?

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse the first thing that came to my mind was hot water bottles!

I've never been to a drive in cinema before and I've always been intrigued. DH used to go all the time when he was growing up. They always remind me of the movie Grease! Enjoy!

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was watching Grease the other day that made DH think about it, then apparently it popped up on his Facebook! Lots of different films, mainly all family ones, over the course of the week. We're going to watch Hairspray We've never been to one before either.

I didn't think about hot water bottles but I did put a few of those handwarmers in my bag, along with fleece blankets and scarves! We've got hot drinks bottles, and you can apparently order drinks and food whilst you watch. We're just queuing to get into it now. Big screen set up at end of a big car park ..... I'll let you know what it's like !

12. Likes Maza, Mouse liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No snow here either just very cold....we have put the Christmas decorations away today as the Christmas tree lights blew so no longer worked and I thought no pint it keeping it up any longer. I normally keep them up until New Years day. After we had tidied up we took the dog for a walk and DH is now watching football. I am not too sure how much longer I can stay awake as we had a difficult night with our neighbours, we never used to have any problems with them but recently their teenage daughter has gone off the rails a bit(thats another story that I won't go in to on here ) and last night they had loud music blasting out until the early hours in the end I sent a message at 3am telling them to be quiet which is unlike me as I am normally tolerant of their noise and loud behaviour (lots of shouting ) the mum did apologise this morning and she did tell them to turn the music off after I complained. We live on a lovely quiet little road and I actually said to DH this morning if this continues I will seriously think about moving !
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie Dust, it's such a shame when neighbours are so inconsiderate they make you want to move

We had students living next door to us years ago & it was a nightmare. They partied and played music constantly. I used to turn the TV off because I couldn't hear it over the top of their noise. I went round to knock one time and nearly put the window through I was so angry and hammered on it so hard. Luckily they left at the end of the academic year and we had much nicer people move in.

15. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Pixie x that's really hard. I hope things improve and you get a good night's sleep.

The drive in was great .. the car steamed up a bit, but the in car speaker was great and we had a good view.. DS didn't come, so DD sat in the middle of the back seat and watched through the gap. Don't know quite how well it would have worked with 4 or more in the car. Think we'll go again one day! ( and we didn't get cold ... if anything I was almost wanting to open a window to let some air in!

17. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post