Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

How’s everyone doing? All ready for Christmas? I actually think I am DH and I went out yesterday to get the last of the stocking fillers, we had a big food delivery last night and the presents are all wrapped. I need to pick up the main Christmas Day food tomorrow and get all the housework done, but it’s looking as if Christmas Eve should be a relaxing day without any rushing around

Our grandson is with us for the day today, so I’ve got the last of the Christmas crafts out for him to do. He asked me last week if my house is a school! I said no, why, and he said because lots of children come here and I’ve got lots of toys and crafts stuff and things on the wall I think he’s just noticing that our house doesn’t look like a normal house!

I’ve been reading on the news that we might be heading for another lockdown in January and that schools might not reopen on time after Christmas. I had hoped we were starting to see things improve, but it looks like it’s getting worse not better Perhaps we all ought to hibernate until the spring

Have good days everyone. If you’re still working, hang on in there. Not long to go now!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just have some milk and crusty bread to get and thats it.

Two presents are arriving today and that's all the presents brought.

I'm on the Christmas clean up though I did think to myself why its not like father Christmas does an house inspection

Onr of my parents did ask if i would work yesterday and today but I refused everyone other than dh has finished. They weren't working us wanted to get some decorating done.

I dont know if schools will rejoin my two have already been told its remote learning till the 11th.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished yesterday. So today I’ve collected some holly and want to make a few little decorations to go round the house. DD2 is coming tomorrow to get her birthday presents and is coming xmas eve to stay for Christmas. It’s mild here in Kent so I’ve planted some bulbs I had forgotten and covered a couple of bushes up to protect from frost. Clear up day will be tomorrow and hopefully a chill out day for Christmas Eve x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon! Last day today till 5th Jan.

5 children here today ... 3 usual little ones and 2 holiday only children, that I've had since they were babies! .... it's been lovely; we went for a walk and collected bits for our Christmas garlands.

Lots of stories and singing and craft.

Littlest 2 asleep and a mega marble run is being made

I'm all wrapped and only shopping I need is randomly, some dips!

Once everyone has gone tonight I'm taking down all Xmas decs in playroom and tidying and cleaning .... you made me laugh Fussy ... I like a tidy house for Christmas, but he doesn't check! My utility room looks like a bomb has gone off with piles of craft stuff on the side! And my dining room has been used as storage space .... but now we're here for Christmas so it needs getting cleared and decorated for Christmas!

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished yesterday. I was thinking that I could have worked today if they needed me, but I'm glad I didn't. I've started the clean-up - yes, I also love a clean house for Christmas day. Just got a few presents left to wrap, but they shouldn't take too long, the bulk of them is done. I'm also still waiting on a delivery from Hobbycraft. I stupidly left my old post code on the delivery information, so it has been sent back to the sorting office as Hobbycraft didn't respond to me in time when I informed them what had happened. It's just a couple of top up presents for DD, so it doesn't really matter if they don't arrive in time for the big day.

We collect our food shop tomorrow - but we still haven't decided on a starter yet for Christmas day. Do you all have a starter? We don't fancy any of our starters from previous years.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still working ...last day tomorrow Then we collect our Christmas food tomorrow evening. Christmas Eve was supposed to be the tidy up day and getting ready for Christmas break but as we had to change all the plans we are now socially distancing meeting up with DS1 so we can give him his and his brothers Christmas presents as well as taking some of the Christmas food we ordered for them as they now have nothing for Christmas dinner, my eldest and is girlfriend are vegetarian so we had ordered food in for them. Then back home for a few chilled days just me and DH.

Mouse you are right that things are heading in the wrong direction, I have seen that figures in our area are rapidly increasing so not looking good.

Maza we are having prawn cocktail this year nothing fancy. We have a panacotta for dessert but we are normally to full to eat it anyway and only I like Christmas pudding so was not point buying Christmas pudding just for me. (One of my mindees has made me a hamper and it has a little Christmas pudding in it)

I had 2 little ones and 2 school ones today and the same again again tomorrow. Today we went out on a walk with a Christmas themed 'I spy' list snowman/reindeer/Christmas tree etc which kept everyone occupied.

Have a lovely evening everyone!
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wink

Maza, we're having bruscheta for a starter. Previously had melon and prosciutto, pate and toast, smoked salmon and bread&butter, and one year DS was desperate for tomato soup!

I'm now finished

Happy Christmas 🎄

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomato soup! Why not ha,ha.

No way near finished here I’m afraid.

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We don’t do starters. Dinner is so big everyone agrees not to have one.

13. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post