Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

So today’s the day we find out what tiers we’re going to be in after lockdown ends and what it’ll mean for us all.
    DH works in hospitality and it seems like he’s hardly been at work since March! I’m hoping we’ll have enough freedom for him to go back, at least for some of the time

The weather’s looking a bit brighter today so we’ll be in the garden this morning. I have a newish toddler who really doesn’t like being outside, but she’s not here today so the others can spend much longer out there. The toddler obviously likes the idea of being outside as she happily gets her coat & shoes on and waits at the door to go out, but the slightest mishap and she wants to be back indoors. She starts off happy but she might stumble, or a child goes on the slide ahead of her and that’s it, she wants to go inside. We need to work on resilience!

This evening I’m going to visit one of my sons and his girlfriend. Well, when I say visits, I mean go and post a couple of letters through his door that have come here and stand on the doorstep for a quick chat! It was much easier during the first lockdown when the weather was good. These doorstep chats aren’t so much fun when it’s freezing cold I’m looking forward to the days when we can visit other people at home without giving it a second though.

Have good days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Listening to the news this morning, everything seems so grim. Just looking passed the end of 2020 and hoping for a brighter way of life next year. I hate feeling like this; I’m always a half full kind of person but this is really starting to get to me. My son in laws place of work had 2 cases so they closed and everyone had to get tests. So while waiting for results, each morning my daughter and grandsons who I see in the playground has been keeping her distance and just give me a wave. It really hit home how people must be missing family now.
    Weather cloudy here in Kent but only got to do school runs today. So I’ll head out for a walk, then finish the decorations. Then I’ll be ready for full on Christmas for the children. Have a good day everyone

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning! It's grey and miserable looking today. I've got to do a school run shortly and then we'll visit the post office! That will be the excitement for the day!

I've got one like that too Mouse. I find mine is much better when we are out 'away from the house, as they can't decide to go back in!

I'm hoping we can get back to meeting people, and preferably indoors ... it's too cold to do much more than a brisk walk outside! DD is hoping dance classes can return to the studio ( and so am I .... fed up of being banished from sitting room! It's the best room to dance in, as it has a wooden floor on a wooden base! )

Stay safe and warm everyone x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning .....its very frosty here today. The little ones are happy doing their own thing at the moment. This afternoon we are going for a walk before the school run to see a road local to us that has put a lot of Christmas baubles up in the trees outside their house it looks really pretty in the day time.

Just waiting to see what Tier we will be in .....our area is pretty low on cases so hoping we will be in the lowest Tier.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I hate feeling like this; I’m always a half full kind of person but this is really starting to get to me.
    Sylvia, I'm exactly the same. I'm usually very upbeat (much to my grumpy DH's annoyance!) but even I've had some real low moments. I do feel sorry for anyone who was already feeling down. It must be very difficult. I'm at the stage now that I just want everything to go back to being normal.

9. Likes loocyloo, SYLVIA liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off for a walk shortly. We also have a house near us that has put up lots of outdoor decorations, so we're heading off to see that. I haven't seen it in the daytime before, so it may or may not look special. Amazing in the dark though. This little one leaves at 4 and it's not really dark enough by then. When I used to work until 6 we would head out for the last 15 minutes of the day when it was dark and enjoy the couple of houses near us which really went OTT.

DH ordered Monopoly last night - but the local version, so we're going to have a family Monopoly day on Sunday for DD's birthday. She loves Monopoly days/evenings and there's not much else we can do for a lockdown birthday. We've bought a big tin of Roses and so every time we go past 'home' (or whatever it is called) we can select a chocolate. I've not had Roses for years and so I am definitely looking forward to that. DD has never had them and so we decided it would be 'educational', as every now and then there is always talk of favourite Roses chocolates and she has no idea what people are going on about, lol. I like the nutty ones.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love the roses idea for passing go Maza.

I have brought eldest dd exeter chiefs monopoly for Christmas though I nearly cried at the price.

We are in tier 3 no surprise our cases are very high...I must admit this lockdown has seemed so much longer with the darker nights and weather.

I dont get how we are in the highest restrictions but for Christmas that seems to have gone through the window 🤔
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

good afternoon everyone :-)

Popping by to say a hello to all of you lovely people!

I hope your all safe and well?

Missed you all so much, social media has changed so much in how we communicate and I was feeling a little nostalgic and here I am!

15. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post

Missed you all so much, social media has changed so much in how we communicate and I was feeling a little nostalgic and here I am!

It's always lovely when 'oldies' pop by to say hello. Hopefully we can persuade a few to stick around

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza, I love the idea of a tin of Roses being educational

As for Monopoly...worst game ever!! I don't know why but I hate it and refuse to play. I think it's possibly because I never win at it

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We are still here so much nicer here than some other forms of social media
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

20. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello there!

How are you? I don't use any other social media so this is how I chat to other childminders!

Would be lovely to catch up.

X X X