Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

How come it’s Monday already? The weekend went by in a flash!

I haven’t got any children here this week so have got lots of jobs to be getting on with. My aim is to get them all done by lunchtime each day so I can have the afternoons to do nicer things. This morning I’m deep cleaning the kitchen then this afternoon I’m going to paint some wooden peg people. I’ve seen some amazing ones online, but I’m not that talented. Mine will be basic, plain coloured ones Ive already got a few that the children enjoy playing with so I thought I’d add to the collection.

Did anyone watch I’m a Celebrity last night? I’d completely forgotten it was starting and only spotted it by chance when I was flicking channels. When it was first on years ago we used to watch it every night but I haven’t watched it for a few years now and probably won’t bother this year either. Maybe I’m too old for it now

Have good days everyone

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also watched it once when it first came out, but then found that it was the same every year - I also think their animal rights policies need looking at.

My little one is back this morning after missing two and a half days last week. He's just had a calm morning playing with the toys that he has missed. We're off out soon for a walk. I actually haven't planned anything because I wasn't sure if he would be back today or not, but we've got our zoom rhyme time session later, so we'll just go with the flow after that.

Do any of you watch Corrie? Jeepers, it's heavy at the moment.

Strictly? I think the right person from the dance off went. I was shocked that the other person was in the dance off - but in a way I wasn't because I'm not sure how endearing that person is.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone I think a walk is on the cards for us today.

Forgot about im a celebrity I only watched it for the first time last year- late to the party all the time.

Dd has shown no interest in strictly this year :-(

Another class has shut at our primary school i feel sorry for the parents who now have to try arrange work especially if they have more than one child because I don't think many will miss self isolation this time.

I believe our prime minister is isolating at the moment
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon...I set up a couple of small world trays for the little ones to explore today, one has a fairy theme as they are really interested in fairy play but they have managed to break 2 of the wooden figures which is a little disappointing !

Think this afternoon we will go for a walk.

We did watch some of Celebrity get me out of here as DH loves watching Ant and Dec but we normally are in bed by 10pm so didn't watch it all.

I don't watch any of the soaps now I used to watch a few years back so have no clue about whats happening in corrie .......I do watch Holby though is that classed as a soap?

I love peg dolls Mouse but have never made any myself. I have bought a few online.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

DH has today off .... so we went for a walk and stopped on our way home to buy a takeaway tea & brownie! DH is now 'playing' with his old cars, and i've done a couple of hours of elearning for my forthcoming 1st aid course. My brain is now dead and i'm having little panic attacks to myself thinking about all the things that could go wrong EVERYWHERE!

I think the right person went home from strictly, although I agree Maza - i'm not sure quite how likeable the other 'dance off' competitor is. I'm not struck! I just love Bill Bailey! I've always loved him anyway, and now I REALLY love him! He is amazing!

I didn't watch anything else really all weekend ... DH is watching the Dark Materials ... it's good, but i'm sure they've mixed up the books a bit to tell the story and I'm a tad confused! ( I suggested getting DH the books to read, but he says he doesn't need to! ) We did watch a good film though ... 'King of Thieves' ... all about the Hatton Garden Bank Robbery ... really enjoyed it ... but i think that might be down to the cast ... Micheal Caine, Jim Broadbent, Tom Courtney, Ray Winstone & Paul Whitehouse !!! ... It was like watching The Italian Job and a myriad of other films all rolled into one! Oh, and I watched 'Easter Parade'! Can't beat a good old fashioned musical ... LOL, so i did watch a fair bit !

I've been painting 'peg' people too! I have sets of them in different sizes, and also the ones that have a little cup to sit in! I tried painting the 3 pigs & and the wolf .. the pigs are good, but not happy about the wolf ... however, the children knew what they were! I used sharpie pens and a white 'tippex' pen, and I've just painted some with acrylic paint to match some little £2 wooden houses I got ( and painted ) from the works ... It is addictive! I'm waiting for mine to dry thoroughly and then I shall give them a quick spray of varnish.
    I want to make some little felt 'gnome' hats for some wooden pegs but i can't work out how to get them to stay on, without being saturated in glue. I've bought a few from etsy too.

Think i've got a full house of minded children this week ... trying to get some plans in place for things to do. But knowing my lot at the moment ... planning too far in advance really doesn't work! I need to see what frame of mind they are in when they arrive and go from there!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo Bill Bailey has been a real surprise for me!

We recently watched the movie 'Life of the Party' starring Melissa McCarthy. It was a feel good comedy and DD really enjoyed it.

DD and DH are also watching His Dark Materials and really enjoying it.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post