It’s the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

Good morning all! How’s everyone feeling on the first weekend back in lockdown? The traffic outside is much quieter than normal, so I guess more people are staying at home.

I haven’t got much planned for today. I’ve got a few jobs to get done this morning but that’s it for the day. If the weather stays dry I’m going to get out into the garden and sort my raised planters. You may remember I tried growing veg in the summer, well when they’d all finished I dug them out and planted spring flower bulbs instead. They'd started to grow well until the squirrels decided they’d start digging them up! I need to make some sort of squirrel proof cover to keep them out. I’ve got a roll of chicken wire somewhere so I’m hoping I can make something out of that. Much as I love the wildlife in our garden, the squirrels are a pain. They eat everything in bird feeders and have even run off with a hanging decoration I’d put in a tree

I hope you all have good weekends, even if you can’t go far!

*Maza, you need to empty your message inbox!

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've made some space in my inbox Mouse.

I was just thinking Mouse how great it is that you have started these daily posts. Well done.

Yes, squirrels are a pain. I remember a couple of years ago I looked out of the window to see one dragging my daughter's big easter egg box across the lawn while we were waiting for her to get ready for the easter egg hunt. We found two empty wrappers there too from her smaller eggs that we had dotted around the place.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone

Last night I went to pick up DH and the traffic was just as busy as normal so not really sure whats going on locally ! We are off to take the dog down the beach then its a quiet day relaxing with with my sewing and tv. DH has just come of nights so he struggles the first couple of days to get back in to routine so he will be in bed by 7pm
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning ALL!

apart from it is the afternoon!

I was thinking the same Maza, i love our daily posts/threads; it really makes me feel connected to people. Wouldn't it be lovely, at some point in the future, to find somewhere we could all get to relatively easily and meet up!

I've made pumpkin soup today ... using the 1 of the 2 pumpkins i 'found' in the garage yesterday! I'd bought them to carve for halloween ... and totally and utterly forgot! I used the ghost pumpkin today ... it smelt and tasted like pumpkin soup ... but looked like apple sauce! most peculiar! I've chopped up the other ( orange ) pumpkin for the freezer and will probably make soup another week with it, although i do have a recipe for delicious pumpkin risotto that i might make.

I'm now about to head out into the garden and dig up my finished courgette and bean plants and plant out some rhubarb crowns i've had growing in the greenhouse since the summer! DH cut a tree down last weekend, and i'd really like him to get that all cleared away, in that i am basically staying at home for the next 4 weeks of work, and i will need to 'run' the children around !!!

Take care everyone, stay safe

xxx

8. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Morning ALL!

apart from it is the afternoon!

I was thinking the same Maza, i love our daily posts/threads; it really makes me feel connected to people. Wouldn't it be lovely, at some point in the future, to find somewhere we could all get to relatively easily and meet up!

I
    Take care everyone, stay safe

xxx
    Yes yes yes totally.

No plans here we are just slobbing around.

We should have been going to Blackpool for the illuminations but obviously that had to be cancelled.

Stay safe everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy I saw that they had turned off the illuminations! That's so sad. Do you think it was necessary? A lot of people drive through them in their own car don't they?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy I saw that they had turned off the illuminations! That's so sad. Do you think it was necessary? A lot of people drive through them in their own car don't they?
    I guess it was because most of the businesses would have had to close
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post