Good morning everyone. I’ve got an hour before the children arrive so I’m having a cup of coffee in peace and doing a spot of online shopping before they get here.

Are we all eagerly waiting for the results of the American Presidential election? I checked my phone a couple of times through the night to see how things were going but it looks like we’re going to have to wait a while longer for the results.

We’ve got another cold day, but it looks as if it should stay dry so we’ll wrap up warm again and head outside. When we came in from the cold yesterday I made the children a hot chocolate drink as a treat. I bet they’ll all be expecting it again today! I’m not sure I want it to be a daily event, but it did mean the child who doesn’t normally drink milk had her 1/3rd of a pint. Do you all claim your milk allowance or have milk delivered? I’ve claimed mine for years but realised recently that not everyone knows about it.

Did everyone watch Bake Off last night? The one who went home was my least favourite, so I wasn’t too sorry to see them go! This series does seem to be going very quickly and there aren’t many contestants left now. Tonight’s viewing will be Portrait Artist of the Year.

Are we all ready for lockdown tomorrow? I don’t think it’ll be anywhere as severe as last time, but if anyone does find themselves struggling, you know where we are