Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Wednesday

Goodness me, that was a busy day!

I only had 4 children here - 3 EYs and one 5 year old, but it seemed chaos from first thing right up until they went home Luckily the weather was good so we had regular trips into the garden to run off some energy

Do any of you have a wax melter? I use one regularly and have now got a huge pile of melted wax that no longer gives off a smell. It seems a waste to just throw them away but I don't know what to do with them? Has anyone got any clever ideas?

Did everyone watch Bake Off last night? I think they're all very good now so you know if one of them has a particularly bad bake, they're likely to be the one to go home. After it had finished I flicked channels and ended up watching Life. Was it you who mentioned that Maza? I watched it last week, or the week before, but didn't realise that's what it was! Having watched 2 episodes I'm going to have to go back and watch the rest. That's typical of me - I end up watching a whole series, but not necessarily in the right order Does anyone else watch Portrait Artist of The Year? I saw by chance that the new series has started, so that's my Wednesday night viewing sorted

I hope you've all had good days.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was me who mentioned Life. Think we've just got the final episode to watch tonight. I remember you mentioning the portrait one - I'm going to check it out - do you know what channel?

We didn't go out for our usual walk today because we were busy playing, and then by the time that was starting to dry up it was too close to lunch time to go out. We had a little play in the garden, but I really, really missed my walk. Autumn is in it's full glory right now here and it's beautiful and so uplifting.

I'm finding I'm not enjoying my garden (from a childminding perspective) as much as I thought I would. When I lived in my first floor flat it was such a pain not having direct access to our garden - I used to dream of the patio door to the garden set up. Now that I have it, I love it - BUT our garden isn't flat. We have a couple of little slippery hills to get from one level to the next, and also some steps leading from the patio to the grass. It will be fine for pre-schoolers, but it's a bit hazardous for toddling one year olds. It's not really relaxing playing out there. I'll have to figure something out.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Portrait Artist of The Year is on Sky Arts.

It's a shame you're not happy with your garden yet. I think it does take time to get it to work for you. We've lived here for about 15 years and I think I've only really been happy with the garden for the last few months! It's changed so many times and it's never been quite right. I'd go outside and always see something that was wrong. No I go out and I like how it looks and how it works for the children. You'll get there with your garden. You'll find a way of getting it to work for you

4. Likes Maza liked this post