Good afternoon Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Thursday

We've had another busy day - so busy the children had a late lunch and all fell asleep! I'm guessing I've got another half an hour before they start waking up so I'm having a quick cuppa in peace

After the children have gone home I'm going to nip to town with my grandson and see if we can get him some new clothes. We tried at the weekend, but it was so busy we gave up. I'm hoping it'll be quieter this evening. If we've got time I'll take him somewhere for tea while we're out. It's a treat for him and it saves me cooking when we get home!

What's everyone been up to today? The weather was miserable here first thing but it has brightened up as the day's gone on so we were able to go outside without full waterproofs on. It does make it easier, especially when you've got a couple of children potty training! I've got all-in-ones for the children to use here, but I'm wondering whether I'd be better with separate waterproof trousers and jackets. It's never been an issue before but the children I have now leave it till the very last minute to say they need the toilet and it's a struggle to get the all-in-ones off in time!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good shopping Mouse!

We went for a walk collecting leaves and pine cones. Read a lovely story about a hedgehog looking for his home! We then made pictures worth the corrected leaves with hedgehog stickers! Then we did a bit of painting of leaves ... I turned round and one child had painted their face with paint 'my like mummy' !!!!! I had to laugh! Luckily mum did too! Very orange tint to face!

I like the all in ones Mouse, but I agree, once they get into potty training the separates are good! I like the ones from lidl. They do seem to keep everyone dry!

Have fun everyone x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got today and tomorrow off. I work 5 days a week but mindee is having a couple of family days. I got my hair cut today - so long overdue. I have found a lovely, sweet and friendly salon here - I used to absolutely hate going to the hairdressers where I used to live. The only reasonably priced local salon there was really odd and rather depressing, but this one here is so cheery.

I took the dog out for an hour and then deep cleaned DD's room whilst listening to one of Sarah's webinars. DH had his flu jab today - he has asthma and so is always offered the vaccine.

Mouse, I hope you find somewhere nice to have tea with your grandson.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have all in one waterproofs that are mine. I tend to take children to the toilet before we go out as if asked they will say don’t need one. I usually say come let try as you can bet someone will start doing a wiggle when out ( usually me) and as you say it’s not a quick thing to get the all in ones off!

Saying that jackets And trousers would mean more storage space and my house is chocca with childminding resources putting it politely! As I provide a selection of wellies and each child has slippers here. 🙄also .

Is everybody’s else’s house full of resources ( being polite again) equipment, clothing ie spares, all weather all in ones etc?
    Where do you put it all?

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a few spare waterproof suits/jacket and clothes plus loads of socks/ pants and hats/ gloves plus sun hats! Waterproofs live in one bag, and hats/ gloves in another in my understairs cupboard. I then have a plastic drawers unit in downstairs toilet that has spare clothes/ nappies/ wipes/ muslins etc in. Most children leave a pair of slippers here, little ones leave wellies here (or bring them each day) these all get put in a plastic box in my porch.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is everybody’s else’s house full of resources ( being polite again) equipment, clothing ie spares, all weather all in ones etc?
    Where do you put it all?
    I have tried to contain things to just my playroom but things have migrated upstairs. I have tried to limit the resources we have out as they defiantly play better when there is less out.....I need to stop buying things too

My hallway has boots/wet weather suits plus all the normal bags and coats
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I need to stop buying things too!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I often wonder how big my home would seem if I didn't have this job, or my old teaching job, which encourages hoarding in the same way - ok, not spare pants and waterproofs, but resources for every topic imaginable. I think every single room in the house has got something linked to childminding stored there.

We had a new tub chair delivered last week and it came in a huge box. Of course hubby was not allowed to cut up the box - it is sitting in the playroom waiting for mindee on Monday. I had cleared everything out of that room for the weekend so that it looked like a normal family room, but hey ho!

11. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have things in every room too. Been childminding approx 25 years and it has taken over my whole house! I too am resisting buying new things.

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post