It’s my day off but I’ve got a parent and child coming for a visit this morning so I’m up early to have a tidy round. Luckily the weather is nice so we’ll be able to sit in the garden to chat.
I’m not sure if this visit will come to anything as I can’t offer all the days and hours they need. Do you ever get that? Parents ask if you have a vacancy, you tell them what days/hours you can offer and they say ‘that’ll be fine. I’ll work something out’. You just know they’re not going to.

Once they’ve been I’m going out to meet a friend for coffee. If the weather stays nice we might grab a takeaway and find somewhere nice to sit outside. She makes amazing cakes so I’m hoping she brings some along. I’ve dropped enough hints

Last night we had a bit of a drama at bedtime. I called the cats in and one came dashing in with something in its mouth. He darted upstairs so I followed him and saw him drop a massive toad on my son’s bedroom floor! I felt really sorry for it until it started to move. It freaked me when it started hopping around so I left DH to catch it and put it back outside. I do love the amount of wildlife we have in our garden - I just don’t like it when it ends up in the house