Today is my busy day with all the children here. Isn't it typical that last night was the worst night's sleep I've had in ages and I feel tired before the day has even begun I'm already looking forward to my day off tomorrow!

It's a bit cold this morning but at least it's dry. I was going to get the frozen rainwater blocks we made last week out of the freezer today, but I don't think there's enough sun to melt them. I thought a combination of sun, warm water, salt and hammers would be fun, but I'm not sure how enjoyable it'll be playing with ice on a cold day. I'll save that activity until we get another sunny day...and hope it's a day when all the children are here

This evening I've got a new child coming for a quick visit. I've already been to visit them at home but they're coming to have a look around after the other children have gone home and I've had time to clean. They've seen photos so I'll walk them through to the garden, showing them where everything is, then send them back out to mum again. It seems a bit strange, but mum and child both seem happy about the way things are being done. It's made me think that maybe I don't need to do as many settling in visits as I normally would.

You might remember I did a Covd-19 test at the beginning of the week as part of a trial. I put it in the post on Tuesday and got the results back last night, so very quick. As I expected, it was negative. I was sure it would be as I have no symptoms, but there was still a bit of doubt in my mind! It was a relief to get the email last night.

Have good days everyone. I hope the sun is shining for you wherever you are