Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Good morning. After a full on day yesterday with all the children back, I’m very glad of my day off today I forgot how tiring it can be, especially when 2 are toilet training and you don’t have a downstairs toilet. I lost count of the number of times we were up and down the stairs

This afternoon I’ve got another online SEND training course. I have to be honest, this isn’t the easiest to follow as the trainer’s internet connection is a bit dodgy. It is quite interesting, but all aimed at schools and nurseries. I just sit quietly, taking bits from it that are relevant to me. It is hard not to get distracted by emails and Facebook though! If you see me on here between 1.30 - 3.00pm tell me to get back to the course

Has anyone got anything exciting planned for the weekend? Are you going to be taking advantage of the easing of lockdown and heading off to the pub or the hairdressers? I’m not planning on doing either. I think I’ll just stay in my little bubble at home and watch what happens from a safe distance!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy the training!

Having read that Ofsted plan to resume inspections from Jan 2021, I've realised that my first aid needs renewing end of Jan ... so although i know I need to get it done regardless, it feels like extra pressure!

I've got 2 back today ... after almost 4 mths off, it is as if they've never been away and the 2 that have been here all the time, were so pleased to see them. We're just playing and getting used to each other again.

We have family visiting this weekend, so very excited. But not going out to the pub or anything!

Stay safe everyone.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning. I have 3 in today but they seem to have set up a nursery and are happily engaged with each other.

Nothing planned this weekend dh is taking dd2 to uni to collect all her stuff from her accommodation.

Its ds1 birthday on Sunday hes 19 but has just asked for a dominos pizza.

My youngest ds has a appointment for his hair on Tuesday and I am trying to dd2 an appointment too hers is quite desperate for a trim.

We only have art to do for home schooling. Planning it out seems to be easier.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No plans to go to the pub or hairdressers in the foreseeable future!

I can't believe the summer holidays are just a couple of weeks away. Normally by now I've got lists of local events and days out booked, but we can't do that this year. Maybe I'll look at the local(ish) zoo when I get off here. Loocyloo, did you enjoy your trip to the zoo yesterday? Fussy, I think you said you were trying to get tickets too...

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    . Loocyloo, did you enjoy your trip to the zoo yesterday? Fussy, I think you said you were trying to get tickets too...
    Couldn't get tickets for the days we wanted will try again in the next few weeks
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my sons went to Chester Zoo this week.

He said it was as busy as ever, which surprised him a bit. He knew any indoor animal houses would be closed, but said he hadn't realised how many of them were indoors! He really enjoyed it though, despite not being able to see everything.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Maza ... we had a great time, sorry you couldn't get tickets Fussy.
    Most of the animals are outside, only a couple of inside houses. Although yesterday, some of the animals were asleep in their beds and could only be seen on the video cams!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thanks Maza ... we had a great time, sorry you couldn't get tickets Fussy.
    Most of the animals are outside, only a couple of inside houses. Although yesterday, some of the animals were asleep in their beds and could only be seen on the video cams!
    With hindsight the day we wanted to go was rainy so maybe a blessing in disguise

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    No plans to go to the pub or hairdressers in the foreseeable future!
    I too have no plans to venture out either, I feel a bit moany when I say this but I really do think it is too much, too soon...but I would love to be proven wrong.
    Our nearest small town and all the villages have pubs that are reopening...but, apart from locals, they usually are full of coast to coast walkers....so there won’t be many of those out yet. All the restaurants and pubs have been posting about refurbishment and changes , which I would imagine is at great expense, so I feel a little guilty when I say I won’t be frequenting them yet and giving them my business. I am totally fed up of cooking but not quite enough to eat out and risk mixing with strangers yet.

Like everyone probably, my DH could write a book about my hair trials and tribulations since March 10th....my hair grows quickly, it is fairly thick, wavy and easily slips into unruly if I don’t have it cut every month. I was due to have it cut on the 11th March and my hairdresser, who is mobile, had the sniffles so we left it. Then everything closed.
    I have moaned and moaned on a daily basis, used grips and scarves and sent off for endless hair bands, discovered my old hair slides from college days in a treasure box, attempted to tie it back, up, blow dried and straightened it beyond necessary, left it for days to see if it that helps. On each day I have done a regular morning moan to DH and he patiently has said “it looks ok” , then regretted entering in to a conversation with me, I have been unreasonable and contrary with any of his efforts to reassure me that it “ doesn’t look too bad”, demanding a daily opinion....
    Luckily I have never dyed my hair, so I haven’t had that worry.
    My hairdresser contacted me for an appt ...and I say I will leave it for another month...suddenly, with the thought of someone coming in to my house ....I realise it’s not so bad, I quite like it longer, if I leave it another month or two all the layers will have grown out I could have it restyled...I am not going anywhere or seeing anyone one anyway, so what does it matter? This is the only time in my life that I can experiment with long hair, I’ve got this far....

D’s face was a treat when he heard me say “ I want to leave it now until August”.

I thought of you all when your LO’s are returning. A couple of families from my toddler group were doing a socially distanced walk past my house, I was weeding the front garden so they stopped to chat and one child immediately clocked my hair in a headband and told me I “ looked funny”. I wondered if any of your returning LO’s have been bemused by your different looks?