It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. That’s the first day we’ve missed in ages!

After the grim weather we’ve had over the last few days, it’s nice to see a bit of sun back again. Hopefully it’ll help dry out the garden a bit. Everything’s sodden and smells of wet outdoors

This morning I was going to drop some bags off at the charity shop, but apparently the local ones are still shut. I know a lot of people are waiting for them to open so they’re not going to be short of stock for a while. My problem is, I go in to drop stuff off and always end up buying something for the children. It’s amazing what strange little things you can find to add to the treasure basket or loose parts play

Have good days everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning it is lovely to have the sun shining this morning.

I bet the charity shops will be inundated with donations once they reopen, I have a wish list of some real resources I am looking for I will be popping in for a browse in a couple of weeks once things have calmed down. I am looking for some bits to add to our outdoor kitchen we have lots of pots and pans but could do with some jugs/teapot etc!

I am having a change around in the playroom this morning as its not quite working right where everything is it at the moment then off to have a social distance catch up with a friend as I need to drop something off to her and I am sure we will have a quick coffee in the garden before I leave.

DS2 is so happy now that football is back so thats his weekend all sorted.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been itching to have a browse in charity shops too! And yes, for loose parts and outdoor kitchen stuff! I love unusual jugs, trays, spoons, pestle and mortars, tea cups and unusual containers. When I think of the things we had just lying around as a child in my mum's or nanna's house and they just gradually got binned, oh, what a waste!

Today we have a bricklayer continuing to repair the little wall in our garden. It's an absolute eyesore so we can't wait until it is repaired and safe again. It does mean that the dog can't play out today though, we can only let him out on his lead. It's a pain because he can see it all going on through the patio doors and he is just itching to get outside for a nosey.

Have a lovely day everyone.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a lovely day all.

I too, am longing for charity shops to open ... I'm wanting some more little bowls/trays/loose part bits and stuff for outdoor kitchen! We have 2 locally and I usually pop in every week or so and usually find something I 'need' I only have one 'bag for life' bag to go to charity and that is mainly books. I always have a bag in the corner of my bedroom for charity shop and had taken one in just before lockdown. Phew!

We're going for a walk along the coast later and just BBQing for Father's Day tomorrow, because, as usual ... DD is dancing! even in lockdown her dance schedule is deciding our family plans!!!!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I know what you mean about dancing. Two sisters I have here do lots of dance lesson. They haven’t come back yet as mum says between school work and dance lessons on zoom they don’t have time. I asked how many lessons, the older one has 14 and the younger one has 10!!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Loocyloo I know what you mean about dancing. Two sisters I have here do lots of dance lesson. They haven’t come back yet as mum says between school work and dance lessons on zoom they don’t have time. I asked how many lessons, the older one has 14 and the younger one has 10!!
    oh my goodness! thats alot of online dance classes ... just added DDs up ... 10 a week minimum and the sunday one is always at least 2 hrs, if not 2.5hrs ! Plus a private drama and a private singing lesson! ... oh well, it keeps them busy !!!! ( and I'm enjoying not having to ferry her around/wonder at what time and where from she needs collecting! )

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh loocyloo, you must really be enjoying not having to ferry your DD around for all those lessons! 10 lessons minimum!!! What dance does she do? She must be very dedicated to keep it all up online. Does she want a career in the performing arts?

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh loocyloo, you must really be enjoying not having to ferry your DD around for all those lessons! 10 lessons minimum!!! What dance does she do? She must be very dedicated to keep it all up online. Does she want a career in the performing arts?
    Awwwww, Thanks. It has been very odd having her around so much, although i do miss having the uninterrupted time to chat. The 10 classes are currently online classes ... more in real life!
    We're very lucky, DD dances at an amazing local dance school that she can walk to, and tends to either go straight from school or comes home, gets changed and takes herself 4 nights a week, and then, as she usually finishes late, we go and pick her up. Dancing about 14 hrs a week on average, plus 4 1/2 hrs every other Sunday! Sunday is a 75 min drive away!
    She does ballet, tap and a variety of modern dance. Plus a bit of other stuff too! Yes, she'd like to go into the performing arts, and i think that's where she is heading, but it is a bit of a worry as it is such a crowded market, plus at the moment, who knows what the future holds for the arts.

12. Likes Maza liked this post