Good Morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning Wednesday

It’s Wednesday. That means Sewing Bee tonight. There can’t be very many weeks left now so I hope it’s replaced by another competition programme that I like. I do like something a bit quirky and I did try the Big Flower Fight on Netflix but just couldn’t get into it.

I haven’t got any children here today but hopefully more will be returning soon. Some of the parents seem nervous about sending their children but the mum of the little girl I had yesterday posted in our private group about what a fab time she’d had here and they did seem to relax a bit. It must be a hard choice for them to make and I’m not going to push anyone to send their child back if they’re not ready to.

One of my sons has had an email to say he’s starting back at work on Monday. He’d been enjoying himself at home on furlough, but I’ve told him all good things come to an end! He’s going to find it hard getting up for work when he’s been used to staying in bed till lunchtime

Have good days everyone and look after yourselves

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a good, if wet, day all!

I don't know what happened to yesterday ... it went by in a flash !!!! I've still only got my 2 keyworker children, and another little girl here, and still only working 2 days. I have a couple of mums say that when they can go back to work, their children will return, and a couple of others who say 'soon' ... I agree though Mouse, i'm not going to pressure anyone into returning before they feel ready ( unless we're heading into September, and then it is pay fees and attend ( or not! ) or give notice (paid) !!! )

I have a few jobs to do today ... lets see if i can be motivated and actually get them done !!!

DD ( yr 10 ) goes back to school next week ... am hoping we hear from school today about what that means in terms of dropping off/collection, which classroom they go to etc. DD wants to know which classroom as then they can all message each other and find out who is with whom! and we have a few days to deal with any trauma of not being with any particular friends !!!

Mouse; Is your DS looking forward to going back to work? will he be able to 'socially distance'?

take care

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wet and very wet here.
    Just when I was getting into the swing of my new wildlife area too, but it does give me chance to step back and look at what I’ve done so far. It’s directly outside the kitchen window where I think I will spend today.

We are trying to eke out our grocery shop until next Wednesday...it will be three weeks and hopefully I will have gained space in the freezer by then, it is making me have to think out of the box for our meals. DH loves potatoes and we have only one meals worth left ....just deciding when to have it.
    It looks like our fruit harvest might be a good one this year, but that means I need a drawer back in the freezer to store it all.

Decided to shower, blow dry hair, put a little bit of makeup on and perfume and a bra today.....but the bra is going after coffee, I have taken to just wearing sports bras as they seem more comfortable, but none is much the better way by far!
    DH is getting worried if Ben, the DPD delivery guy is the reason I am making an effort ....he is after all the only visitor we really ever see now!

I expect going back to school or work is mixed feelings for everyone. I hope it is a positive step for them all.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

We are having an outside wall repaired at the minute and so our puppy isn't allowed to play in the garden. We have to take him in the garden on his lead while the cement dries. It's such a pain for us and rubbish for him, bless him.

I'm gently trying to coax DD into doing a bit more of her school work. She's done her reading comprehension for the day but has other subjects to do. I'm not expecting her to do everything, and some things I say she can just explain to me, rather than write it down. At the moment though, she is felting a reindeer on a wire sculpture she has made. We both really love reindeer. Very happy that zoos can reopen soon.

Mouse, we have just caught up on sewing bee. Does anyone else think that Matt (I think that's his name) looks a lot like Peter Barlow from Corrie? Oh it's a shame you didn't get into the flower fight! It was probably our favourite. We also just caught up with Britain's Got Talent last night too. I'm a bit over that show, but DD loves it. Don't know when they are going to do the next rounds though as they had to stop filming. It will be funny seeing Corrie (only soap we watch) return when they are filming with social distancing in place. I wonder if we will notice a difference.

Loocyloo, is your DD going back to school full time?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Morning!

Loocyloo, is your DD going back to school full time?
    no, just one day a week. Students who need additional support are going to be in school for 2 days a week.

She'll still be doing home learning the other days, and is a bit worried that if she misses geography on a 'school' day, that she'll then have to catch that up, as if she'd chosen to miss it! It is going to mean a bit of a difference to the way lessons are taught, as varying children will be in and out of schools on different days. I'm guessing that when at home, when she next has an English lesson ( for example ) she can use that lesson time, to access/complete the geography lesson that she 'missed' whilst being in school. She has said that she doesn't know how some people are getting all their work done, as they seem to be out and about or doing things other than school work. I did tell her that not everyone is as keen on schoolwork as she and her friends are!!!! It is going to be hard for some of them that return, be it now, or in september. A couple of DDs friends are not returning yet, as they have family members who are shielding.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hate home learning with a passion. Honestly I could scream and cry at it. Ds hates school work with a passion and is resistant to it.
    I logged on to get the English work for the week and it wont download. They dont quite understand why as no one else is having problem so I screenshot it and now hopefully the it team will get back to me this week.

My friends son is due to take his alevels next year hes been offered an hour a week what exactly is the point of that.

I'm teaching dd how to French braid this afternoon after muttering about their maths all morning
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a year 3 here for 2 mornings. His sister is back at school in reception. He has no interest in doing school work and parents are testing their hair out! I’ve said to bring spellings and writing work next week and I’ll try to get him to do some.