Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

It looks like the weatherman was right...the rain has started! How typical is that? So many of us were planning to spend a lot of time outside with the children and, while a bit of rain won’t stop that, I bet it’s not quite what most of us had in mind I put the gazebo up at the weekend so we’d have a bit of shade from the sun. Now I’ll be using it as a shelter from the rain

As I was cleaning the bathroom this morning it got me thinking about all those people who stockpiled toilet roll before we went into lockdown. I wonder if they got through it all or if they still have rolls piled up around the house Is there anything you stockpiled then found you didn’t need, or anything you wished you’d stocked up on when you had the chance?
    I wished I’d bought more Dettol spray. I’ve always used it to disinfect the toys at the end of the day and when we first went into lockdown I used it to spray anything that came into the house (post, parcels, bags of shopping etc). I have got a tiny bit left but would like more now that I’m going to be having children back again. It’s still impossible to get hold of though so maybe I should have bought more when I could.

Sewing Bee tonight...the highlight of my weekly TV viewing!

Have good days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone.

The rain has reached us too however I'm now not working till next week. My fridge freezer died yesterday and I have a new one coming today. In fairness to my old fridge freezer it has lasted over a decade.

Looking forward to the sewing bee tonight
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fusssy, don't you just find that everything breaks at the same time? First your hoover, now your fridge freezer...

Raining here too. Like you say Mouse, a bit of rain won't keep you indoors, but it probably stops you from being outdoors for the majority of the day. I imagine that's when we'll start to feel the effects of lockdown too because we don't have our usual indoor places to visit, such as the library, museums, groups or soft play with the little ones, or a browse around the shops for us.

Have a lovely day everyone.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh Fusssy, don't you just find that everything breaks at the same time? First your hoover, now your fridge freezer...

Have a lovely day everyone.
    Fingers crossed nothing else breaks though I think everything else has been replaced in the last couple of years
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain Fussy. Our fridge freezer died the second week of lockdown when it looked like we’d not be able to get a new one delivered

Well, when I say our fridge freezer died what I actually mean is that after a lot of investigation (changing fuses, checking the trip switch etc) we discovered that someone had just knocked against switch and turned it off In our defence, the switch is behind the microwave and the plug socket is behind the fridge freezer so we couldn’t see it

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

No rain yet 🤞

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I feel your pain Fussy. Our fridge freezer died the second week of lockdown when it looked like we’d not be able to get a new one delivered

Well, when I say our fridge freezer died what I actually mean is that after a lot of investigation (changing fuses, checking the trip switch etc) we discovered that someone had just knocked against switch and turned it off In our defence, the switch is behind the microwave and the plug socket is behind the fridge freezer so we couldn’t see it
    🤣🤣🤣 sounds something we would do.

Ours as been slowly dying for a while. But I think everyman and their dog has brought new fridge freezers as there seems to be limited stock on ones being delivered quickly

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought frozen vegetables before I went into social distancing, then self isolation which was a couple of weeks before the government decided too. I thought if I couldn’t get fresh I would have them to fall back on. I usually only have frozen peas in.
    I then was able to access a veg box delivery so they have sat there! They are taking up nearly a whole drawer in my freezer so this week and next we are just eating frozen veg and my fresh veg order I am donating to a single person I know who has lost their job. ( I now have a regular order) the greengrocer is happy to deliver to her instead of us too which is good.

I know what you mean about liking a particular spray Mouse, I bought 2 dettol aerosols from Aldi in February, I had never seen them before and they have been perfect as you just spray and leave...but I have runout this week. I do have zoflora - which I actually bought in bulk last year, so I have made that up in a spray, but I am already missing the convenience of the dettol spray. The zoflora runs more and I noticed streak marks on my gate and front door, so it looks like I will have to spray and wipe with some paper towel, but that means I’ll need gloves...and I am running low on those!

I leave my gate open to help the milk and post men and delivery drivers, but it must be automatic for them to close it as they often do...then I need to clean it as the bugs linger on metal for days.

Our vacuum cleaner (dyson) , steam mop, electric sharpener and printer all stopped working last week, but luckily DH likes to tinker and he got them all working again.

It poured down in the night here, I was up watching it bounce at about 3a.m worrying about seedlings being flattened, now the wind is making a whirling sound. I went out to spray white fly on a rose bush only to find they were gone...the rain must have washed them off. I do think about you all and the LO’s at school having to stay in more now.
    Stay safe everyone.

15. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

afternoon

It's been raining all day so far here!

I've been very productive ( sort of! ) and have ordered all sorts of things I needed from Etsy ( Oh My Goodness .. the amount of very cute wooden waldorf toys around are amazing! ), Ebay, the Works ( I asked DD if she needed anything .... several folders/pads/pens/rulers later she was finished! but at least, I didn't have to pay postage in the end! ) and Myriad ( another amazing wooden toy/steiner/waldorf catalogue!!!!! ) I am montessori trained, although I don't particularly follow it now, and i'm interested in the steiner and waldorf 'methodology', but again, i pick and chose what i like/use.
    I've been doing a bit of CPD and although i don't have alot to show for my day ... i do feel i've actually done something! I am missing the sun though!

I didn't stockpile particuarly, as i usually have a full freezer and cupboards. But I do have some tinned veggies that i haven't used, I've been ok for flour and stuff, but i've run out of icing sugar and NO WHERE has it !!! not that i use much, but i was going to make some vegan meringues ( using the water from a tin of chick peas! ) and needed icing sugar for that!
    I am running lowish on antibac wipes, but i have plenty of spray. Lidl are selling an 'antiviral' spray that i've been using.

looking forward to Sewing Bee ( and also Repair shop that is on before it !!!! )

enjoy everyone

17. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Loocyloo, hope you haven't bankrupted yourself! I bet you can't wait for your parcels to arrive!

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh Loocyloo, hope you haven't bankrupted yourself! I bet you can't wait for your parcels to arrive!
    I was restrained but have a big wishlist!
    My LA gave all settings that have been open since 23rd March a little bonus, so I thought I'd treat myself ... to a couple of new toys

21. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post