Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

It looks like it’s going to be another sunny day today so I’ll do some more sorting in the garden. I did have good intentions to get more done yesterday, but then ended up sitting outside and reading! I made lots of plans in my head about how I’d like to transform the garden, but then sun came out, DH got some ice lollies out of the freezer and nothing else much happened! My motivation is very hard to find at the moment!

Has anyone else had the self employed grant paid into their account today? I checked my bank account first thing and it was there. My balance is looking much healthier now I was reading yesterday that the self employed scheme is unlikely to be extended like the employee furlough scheme has been. I do think that’s very unfair, but as I remember saying way back when the SE grant was first announced, Rishi really doesn’t like the self employed Has anyone noticed how grey his hair is looking lately? I can’t figure out if he’s turned grey though the stress of it all or whether he usually dyes it and is long overdue a hairdresser appointment like everyone else

Have good days everyone and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! Yes I got my SE grant money this morning. I’m saving it incase we end up doing this again. Today I’m picking plants up from garden centre that I ordered and then potting up my pots and baskets. I have lots of tomato plants from seeds I grew and we deliver them to some friends while I’m out and about. Then apart from some pilates later, there’s not much else going on. Have a good day everyone

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

A work day today ... no plans other than PE with Joe and then playing outside!

Thank you for saying you got your grant today ... I checked, and so have I! It wasn't there last night. My LA is making an extra payment for settings that have stayed open, and initially said it would be until September, but now are paying it until 1st June and will wait to make a decision on what happens then. I'm very pleased to have got anything extra at all.

It's going to be another nice day ..... get that book ready Mouse

Take care, stay safe

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning I am enjoying a quiet quick hot cuppa before my working day starts. Not got any plans for the day I will just see where the children's play takes us but I imagine we will mostly be out in the garden.
    Pixie Dust

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all, I am so jealous of your good weather, yesterday was overcast, sometimes drizzly and cold, today I have woken up to rain and our yard thermometer is telling me its 4C!
    I had such great plans for the garden but am so delayed with snow last week and below zero temps at night....fingers crossed it is saying 20c tomorrow. It’s madness 4-20 in a day - like the world currently really.
    Enjoy the garden centre collection Sylvia and the book Mouse.

I had decided this month not to give out art and craft activities as it was becoming expected and demanded by some, I did inform the group, though I am posting lots of ideas. This morning I have been asked ( sent late last night) when we are opening and our policy for keeping safe and a polite reminder that they haven’t had activities, sent by only one parent though.

I had not even thought about the parent toddler group starting! I don’t run it, it is supposed to be run by parents under the nursery umbrella and I volunteer art and craft activities. I redirected the enquiry to the nursery but I certainly won’t be offering my time anytime soon .....why do they think they can meet about 12 -15 other adults and their children in a village hall yet can only meet one adult out of household in a park I wonder? I think they must think it is part of the nursery opening on June1st?
    I suppose parents are just getting stir crazy now...though I hope that doesn’t mean that they rush opening up and risk a second wave.
    Cleaning the Aga today....if anyone has one how do you keep the hinges clean on the top lids?
    Tried the yorkshire puds at the weekend, worked well Re heating them , thankyou.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Good morning all, I am so jealous of your good weather, yesterday was overcast, sometimes drizzly and cold, today I have woken up to rain and our yard thermometer is telling me its 4C!
    I had such great plans for the garden but am so delayed with snow last week and below zero temps at night....fingers crossed it is saying 20c tomorrow. It’s madness 4-20 in a day - like the world currently really.
    Enjoy the garden centre collection Sylvia and the book Mouse.

I had decided this month not to give out art and craft activities as it was becoming expected and demanded by some, I did inform the group, though I am posting lots of ideas. This morning I have been asked ( sent late last night) when we are opening and our policy for keeping safe and a polite reminder that they haven’t had activities, sent by only one parent though.

I had not even thought about the parent toddler group starting! I don’t run it, it is supposed to be run by parents under the nursery umbrella and I volunteer art and craft activities. I redirected the enquiry to the nursery but I certainly won’t be offering my time anytime soon .....why do they think they can meet about 12 -15 other adults and their children in a village hall yet can only meet one adult out of household in a park I wonder? I think they must think it is part of the nursery opening on June1st?
    I suppose parents are just getting stir crazy now...though I hope that doesn’t mean that they rush opening up and risk a second wave.
    Cleaning the Aga today....if anyone has one how do you keep the hinges clean on the top lids?
    Tried the yorkshire puds at the weekend, worked well Re heating them , thankyou.
    Morning Flora ... its was cold and nasty here yesterday ( I'm only an hour or two from you i think! ) rainy earlier, but due to brighten up and be nice this afternoon here.

glad the yorkshires worked

Cleaning the Aga ... well .... when it's on and hot, i've yet to find any method except warm soapy water and a cloth and quick little scrubs, as it dries so fast! and trying to mop up spills as they happen! maybe an old toothbrush on the hinges. but be careful, we had a hinge pin come out! When the Aga is turned off for its annual service, I give it as good a clean as I can, but it looks used! Our Aga chap says he likes to see an Aga looking used ... I told him he was being kind to me, he said no ... when he goes to houses and sees a pristine Aga, he says he knows it isn't really being used! Ours hadn't been used for the 8/9 years before we moved in, and all the shelves & tins were immaculate! good luck.

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your Yorkshire puddings turned out well. I have promised DD that we will make them again today. She can't wait - I think children just love watching them rise. I used to help/watch my mum make them most weeks as a child but as an adult I just couldn't be bothered. So, I guess lockdown has been good for something in our home.

Floradora that is truly shocking that the parent asked for activities! Cheeky mare. I was also thinking a lot about playgroups yesterday. They were a big part of our life when DD was little and I sued to hate it when they closed for school holidays. Even then though, we had playgrounds, the swimming pool and libraries to keep us going. I would have found lockdown harder with a toddler. It is very sad to walk past our playgrounds and seeing the gates padlocked. Can you imagine living in Spain (or was it Italy?) in an apartment block when the children weren't even allowed out once a day?

I guess childminding will look different too for those of you who used to go to groups.

Sylvia I can't wait to go to a garden centre again. Enjoy.

Mouse, you made me laugh about Rishi's lockdown hair! I also thought Obama looked old as I saw a photo of him for the first time in ages.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its not Rishi who needs a hair dye but me!!!! I just need some motivation to get the dye and do it.

Its been a lovely day here been on a walk with 3/4 children dd2 has decided she is learning to skateboard. We didnt see many going but more coming home. But it still wasnt busy.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hair dye was one of the last things I bought before we went into lockdown!

I've put off using it and have been embracing the grey hair, but I'll be using it before I welcome back any children. It'll be hard enough for them coming back without seeing a grey-haired me at the door

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza the family friend who lived with us for 12 years works in the garden centre. Luckily he sorted the plants and brought them out to me. The car park was packed with people. He said they are not thinking about distancing and when staff mention it, they get called little hitlers. Another local centre actually closed on Saturday because people weren’t being sensible. I’d give it a miss for a while.
    On a different note the school my minders attend have said that I won’t be able to take non attending children with me when I drop/ collect others. So I’ve told parents they have to do school runs until things change. Actually makjj in no it easier for me to say the children come here or not at all

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hair dye was one of the last things I bought before we went into lockdown!

I've put off using it and have been embracing the grey hair, but I'll be using it before I welcome back any children. It'll be hard enough for them coming back without seeing a grey-haired me at the door
    I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and it made me jump however still havent dyed it.

Dh took the kids to play tennis and a school friend of dds cane running up to her to give her a hug. Big sister told her to go away and social distance.

Opps im expecting a message from the mum however she works for the nhs and they were with their cousins. They said the park was really busy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door