Good morning Monday

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Good morning everyone! Is the sun shining where you are? We really have been very lucky with the weather while we’ve been in lockdown but what’s the betting we start to open up again next month and the endless rain starts? All our plans to spend most of the day outside will end up a soggy mess

Today I’m heading back into the garden to begin making it child friendly again. We have a separate area for the children, but we’ve taken that over during the last few weeks with the bbq, outdoor heater and the sons’ exercise equipment. I need to reclaim the area and hose down the toys so it at least looks as if I’m ready to work!

Last night was family quiz night again. While it’s been lovely seeing everyone on Zoom, DH and I were saying how it’ll be lovely when we can get everyone back together again. We’ll start with a big family bbq - assuming it doesn’t rain

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

DH is happy because he has been let off jury service. It was supposed to be in June and he got a letter the other day saying it would still be going ahead. He wrote back to them, explaining that he has asthma. They didn't even question him or ask him to prove it, so that's a relief.

Yesterday when I was walking the puppy I took him to see some horses and cows in a local field. I picked him up at the gate so that he could see them and was chatting away to him about them. I realised that I really miss toddlers and pre-schoolers! Today I'm taking him to see some sheep I'll stop short of planning a follow up craft for him.

It does seem like the government is absolutely set on reopening schools soon. I'm starting to not like the tone of some of the ministers with how they are talking about Headteachers, school staff and union leaders. I saw Michael Gove on something yesterday and he really annoyed me. Michael Wilshaw made me really cross too this morning. As for the "stop squabbling" comment...

Anyway, DH is taking DD off for a big walk in wood which we have to drive to shortly. I will stay with Cookie, as it's too much for him at the moment. Guess I'll cook and clean. And browse the internet for hours.

Have a lovely day everyone. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all ..

LOL ... I did laugh at you talking to Cookie about the cows and horses and sheep Maza ... Dh and I went for a walk yesterday ... I merrily pointed out tractors and different plants and things! Luckily he is used to it and just nods and says yes.

I never particularly liked Micheal Gove or Willshaw, and they haven't improved! I'm just waiting for Liz Truss to stick her nose in!

Have fun sorting your garden out Mouse. Mine seems to have alot of plastic in it ... it never used to when my children were little, but now it does! I'm thinking about a wooden table and chairs/stools for the children outside instead of the little plastic ones ... but can't find any! They all seem to be picnic benches and i don't want one of those. Maybe I'll have to add it to the list of things DS can make me!

And yes, I expect June to be a wash out!

not doing much today ... but am going to try to not spend hours doing nothing on the internet !!!! maybe I'll make a courgette cake - when i find a recipe - on the internet what did we do before it existed???!!!

take care everyone

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you both, the attitude of some government ministers is really starting to annoy me now. Their whole vibe seems to have gone from "we're all in this together" to "we know best so do as you're told...or else". I do feel they're starting to bully people into doing things they're not comfortable with yet.
    I read yesterday that public confidence in the PM's handling of the whole thing has plummeted and I can see why.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely sunny day here today too so we have had lots of fun out in the garden. Not much else happening really!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well ..... I couldn't stay away too long !!!

but I'm here to share an easy cake recipe A summer favourite using courgettes. Chocolate cake with a difference.

Oh my goodness ... it is amazing! really light and oh so moreish! I may have to make another one !!!
    ( i didn't put any choc chips in middle, just a few on the top, and i only used lidl own dark choc, not 70% stuff ) I baked it in a 22cm square tin

I've now found some fabric and elastic, i've watched innumerable youtube videos on making facemasks, i think i've got a pattern sussed ... so i'm going to have a go !!!

x