Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It’s confession time...I’m still in bed

I was up just before 8am to nip to the loo so I logged on then to submit my self employed claim. I’d had the foresight to bring my paperwork up to bed last night so I had it all ready this morning. I sat in bed, submitted my claim and went back to sleep

Now I could really do with a coffee, but DH has gone to work so I’m going to have to get up and make my own. I have no idea what I’m doing for the rest of the day as I’ve completely thrown myself out of routine. I guess going in the shower and getting dressed would be a start

Have good days everyone and stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning !!! must have been the morning for it!

I got up about 7ish to get my phone and DDs phone from downstairs ( no phones upstairs at night ) ... DD has her alarm on her phone, so i take it in to her at 7ish!!!

and went back to bed .... looked at a few bits and then read my book.

9ish, DD had a singing lesson, but had trouble connecting and i needed the laptop to forward emails etc so i collected it from downstairs and took it back to bed!

I finished reading my book and got up about 10.30 !!!!

I have been for a walk and posted a letter, and shortly I shall be popping out to local garden centre to buy a plant for a friend, whose FIL has just died ... not C19 and not unexpected, but alot quicker than expected. He was a lovely man and will be missed by not just his family, but all who knew him.

I have a few other jobs to do, but i can't get motivated today !!!!

Take care everyone.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was up- go me

We have tidied one shed and about to tidy the little one out.

I really need a big skip delivered so i can sort out the loft and the cubey hole in our room.

The sun is glorious today so making the jobs easier to deal with.

Have a good day everyone
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 14-05-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon sleepy heads!

Now that we are allowed out more than once a day we decided to make the most of it. My daily outing over the last few weeks has been taking the dog for a walk, as no one else really had the patience for it. He's not a walker at all and so we would be out for half an hour but have hardly covered any ground because he is such an intense sniffer, so he just spends ages sniffing the grass verges while the person with the lead just stands there.

Anyway, today DH and I went for a walk. No puppy and no stroppy pre-teen. He had spotted a 'public footpath' recently and wanted to go down it and explore. Oh my goodness, it was beautiful. The pathway looked like it wouldn't really lead to anywhere in particular, but all of a sudden there was this amazing view of the river and beautiful meadows stretching for miles. DH stopped to take a photo of a cow as we walked past it, and then it decided to follow him. I was laughing my head off (from a distance) and he was trying not look scared. Cows and geese always unnerve me and always seem to follow us.

Last night we started watching 'Normal People' - a 12 part series (not for kids). I've heard good things about it. Seems ok so far. We recorded sewing bee so might watch that with dd later.

Have a good day everyone. x

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It’s lovely exploring new areas you live in Maza isn’t it!

We had a dog once that loved the world and it’s smells. Whilst sniffing is important for a pup’s mental health it is a tad inconvenient sometimes. We were advised to go to nose work classes. These trained him to use his sense of smell and get rewards for doing so. It provided him with enough stimulation that he seemed to feel less in need to stop and sniff on our walks.

I also had a lay in this morning! I am listening to Michelle Obama’s book Becoming on audible and it was lovely to just cuddle in and listen to it today. It’s really cold outside and I didn’t want to venture out so when DH decided to go on an early morning cycle ride I left him to it and said I would make porridge for his return....he ended up making it - after a 25 mile ride, a recovery time and a shower as I had not emerged!
    I am in awe of your energy Fussy....I wonder are skip companies working?
    Even though the lockdown is easing we are still shielding from everything other than cycling and walking in isolated places, I know I am lucky being able to do this. It seems we moved to the countryside at the right time.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They have been i see lots of people posting about them.
    Our local tips/recycling centres started to reopen today apparently there was a 70 car queue.

I always said when i had the time i would sort the house so i need to do it before june 1st. Im enjoying the house being tidy/decluttered almost organised
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also amazed at Fussy's energy!

Nose work classes sound interesting - I've never even heard of them!

I'm currently reading Michelle Obama's book (along with another book, so it's taking me ages). I'm really enjoying it. It's on Netflix too at the moment.