Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning. The nice weather is back so I’ll spend some of today in the garden ticking off a few more jobs on my to-do list.

I’m also going to start sorting out the big resources cupboard. I really want to get rid of as much as possible so might start selling the smaller bits online. At least then I can post it and not have people coming to the house to collect it. It’s a huge cupboard so I’m just going to work on one shelf at a time. I am determined to end lockdown with considerably less ‘stuff’ than I started it

What are your plans for today? Whatever you’re doing, stay safe

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone.

Going to finish the boys bedroom today.

I have this week planned out.

Today finish the boys bedroom
    Thursday tidy the house back up
    Friday no major jobs planned
    Saturday no major jobs planned
    Sunday no major jobs planned.

I am going to fit in finishing the series good omens its only 6 episodes and i only watched 2 but i really enjoyed them.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck ladies !!!!

I know that apart from whittling down my craft stuff, I don't have any resources I want to get rid off! ( unless anyone wants a large felt Very Hungry Caterpillar storyboard thing! i bought it and have used it just once and its taking up space! ) I just need to TIDY a few shelves!

However, yesterday, a mindee and I opened the wooden garden toy shed ( it is a re-purposed bike store ... in theory I open the doors and the children self select, in practice, I ended up keeping a few bits on a plastic unit OUTSIDE of the shed and just storing things inside - don't think we've been in it since last Autumn!) ... and OH MY GOODNESS .... the ivy is taking over and the snails have eaten my labels! so ... I need to pull everything out and see what is there and re-organise it all !!!! think that might be my job today !!!!

DH is going to replace the roof on my playhouse over the weekend, so that will get a good clean and sort out too! ... been trying to talk him into building an extension/'carport' for the play house, but he isn't keen !!!!

Take care and enjoy your day!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You ladies are inspiring me. I 'might' go to my big lidded plastic box and just grab a handful of papers and then force myself to file or shred. I think tackling the whole box in one go is too daunting.

I've got some forms for DD's secondary school to fill in and email back to them and I need to order a birthday present for my niece. Also need to make a list of all the things we are hoping to bake/cook for our VE party and then make a list of the ingredients that DH need to buy when he goes shopping tomorrow. Need to iron the tablecloth for tomorrow. I actually like ironing at the moment. In our old flat, it was a huge process getting the ironing board out and then putting it away again because of lack of space. Now though, I have it up permanently in the spare room. We don't have a bed yet in the spare room, so I have tons of space around me when I iron. I put youtube or a podcast on and I'm as happy as larry!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Many years ago I visited a friend in America and she had a laundry room upstairs ! It was perfect. Washing machine and dryer, hanging rails that were heated- it was a heated room really, a permanent ironing board and somewhere to put hangars, laundry baskets, bulk buy laundry pods and stain removers etc... I loved it, we stayed a month, the boys were teenagers , so I got lots of use, so I understand how much you like your ironing room Maza.
    In the little Airbnb we stayed in in Canada last year- a small flat, it also had a room specifically for washing, drying and ironing...bigger than an average utility in a 4 bed house. In France they usually have their machines in the bathroom...it is strange that given old houses have specific laundry rooms that we don’t...we had a utility in our old house but it was the way out to the back door and so small you couldn’t keep your laundry in there. A big room upstairs out of the way would be perfect.
    Sunny here so bluebell wood walk done, photos taken, now gardening.
    I don’t miss all the tidying that childminding brings! But I really should do what you have suggested Mouse and get my toys out of store and sell them online.....I do find them difficult to part with though.
    For DH birthday treat week in lockdown we are going to bring all the lego ( he is an avid collector and builder) and rebuild EVERYTHING, re box and reorganise and sell some ( not sure how successful that will be). Can you imagine he said that it ‘will be my best birthday ever!’

9. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely sunny day here so DH has decided to clean the front driveway ready for Friday as our little road is having a street party for VE Day, everyone stays in their own front gardens (social distancing) but all celebrating. We have bunting to put up and we are going to move our garden chairs round to the front. I think the plan is to sit out in the afternoon for a while enjoying a picnic in the garden. One of the neighbours is arranging the music so hopefully it will be fun.

I did some baking with the children this morning and they are now having a nap then they are very excited to do some washing-up!! DS2(22) joked with them that after the baking they had to wash-up not realising that 3 years old love to wash up so we are going to wash up in the garden when they wake up.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Finished the boys room with 5 minutes to go for the sewing bee.

If i hadnt forgotten about it i would say its amazing timing
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post