Good morning Thursday

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We watched the first task on the sewing bee, but then DD had to go to bed as it was late - we had watched Britain's Got Talent first - so we will watch the rest tonight.

DH has just been shopping and managed to get two bags of self-raising flour!!! He did get the last box of eggs in Sainsbury's though, so maybe our luck with eggs has run out!

Loocyloo, when you suggested Cory for Boris's baby, it reminded me of 'Flowers in the Attic' - did anybody read that years ago? I loved it so much. I bet I would think it was rubbish if I read it now though. 'Cove'... sounds too much like 'Gove' don't you think? The others might get jealous!

Mouse and Floradora, I am truly shocked at the cheeky requests for your craft packs! I honestly don't know where some people get their nerve. They must have been good though. Certainly better than my 'history packages' that I am putting together for DD! I was very proud of the lessons I have put together using the lesson objective sent from the school each week. I keep them as varied and as practical/informal as possible, but it seems I don't really know what makes 11 year old tick. I need to stick to early years.

Fussy I had to have bunk beds too when I lived at home. I shared a room with my sister who is 10 years younger than me.

Pixie, I love the updates on your puppy. Are you able to take him for walks yet?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I love the updates on your puppy. Are you able to take him for walks yet?
    Maza No we can't take him out yet as we have to wait for his second vaccinations which aren't for another 2 weeks yet. DH has been putting his lead an him so he gets used to it but he isn't impressed, with lots of encouragement and a pocket full of treats he will walk a few steps so once we get out in to the big world it's going to be fun!

I vaguely remember Flowers in the Attic and I am sure I read it but can't remember the storyline now.
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza there is 9 years between the 2 girls.

Mouse/Floradora it doesnt suprise me people taking advantage unfortunately i think people become accustomed to something for nothing they dont stop to think about the people providing it.

Flowers in the attic by Virginia Adams. Me and my friend read them all religiously still reference to them now
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends and I all read the Flowers in The Attic books when we were at school. The few copies we had between us got passed round so we all got chance to read them. I think they were probably the first ‘grown up’ books we read and I remember them well.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I read flowers in the attic as an adult many years ago. There was a follow up book to it I believe.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Dragonfly - there were three books to follow - Petals on the Wind, Garden of Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday. Then there was Garden of Shadows which was the prequel to Flowers in the Attic (but written afterwards). Can you tell I was obsessed? I remember it said that Flowers in the Attic was based on a true story, which made it even more exciting for me! (Sad book, so I shouldn't have been excited.)

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes that was it petals on the wind. May of read that but didn’t know there was a third book.thank you Maza.