Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

I think today’s the day the schools would have broken up for Easter, isn’t it? I realised when I turned the calendar to April that I had next week booked off as holiday. Luckily we hadn’t booked to go away anywhere!

We normally have a big family Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday, but obviously that won’t be happening this year. I may try to get Easter eggs for everyone and deliver the ones I can drop off on my daily walk. They’re hardly a necessity but it is nice to try to keep some sense of normality.

Following on from my post yesterday about an increase in traffic, I did notice the road was completely quiet at 4.30 this morning! We live near a main road where there is always traffic, day and night, so it was strange lying in bed and hearing nothing. The saddest sight though was a short while ago when I heard a horse drawn hearse going by. They’re normally followed by several funeral cars, but when I looked, this one had no cars following. It must be very hard for families at the moment when they can’t have the funeral they may have wanted.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning, or rather, good afternoon!

I was thinking about funerals as well Mouse. It's all very sad.

I've had a semi-productive morning. I went shopping and got everything I wanted! I have put together Easter craft kits for my minded children ( and a neighbours children ) and will drop them off on assorted walks over the weekend. ( BUT HOW COME MY CRAFT BOX IS STILL OVERFLOWING??!!!! I have filled bags full of stuff to craft with! )

but then I lost an hour down the rabbit hole of youtube watching/listening to choral music! ( Eric Whitacre's Seal Lullaby is just wonderful. very calming and relaxing )

I'm going to head out for a walk after lunch and then who knows? !!!

I am 'on holiday' next week too! as we're not now able to go away, I have plans to sort out my playroom cupboards ( I DID manage to sort out my dressing up stuff the other day ) .... and I have some little wooden people to colour/decorate ( maybe make felt hats for? ) ( oh, and get 19-10 accounts ready to file! ) but I also intend to have a break and do not alot! It's been a stressful couple of weeks, and I can only foresee it continuing to be so, if not more and I need to be ready!

have a good day everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww Mouse, that must have been a sad sight. How sobering.

Just more cleaning here again - the only downside to having moved from a two bedroom flat into a house with stairs and more rooms.

I was tempted to buy some macramé bits and pieces off amazon for DD, or some calligraphy stuff. She loves being creative and is always up for learning a new technique/skill. I'm really trying not to spend anything though, so I left it for now. We were just reminiscing about the knitting and sewing show that we went to last year where there were workshops, demonstrations and shops for every single weird and wonderful craft type that you could think of. This year it was going to be held in the excel centre which is now the field hospital.

I guess I'll have to take Cookie out for his walk soon. It's so hard because he wants to greet/jump up at/lick everyone we walk past and cries because I obviously can't let him. As much as I love him, I'm finding it mildly irritating that my one walk a day has to be accompanied by him. I really thought I would absolutely love walking a dog, but I don't. I'm still carrying some anxiety from the dog attack too, not as much as in the early days, but definitely still anxious when walking him. When we're at home and in the garden then we are truly relaxed and having a puppy is just the best thing!

Yes, Mouse, you must try and get eggs for everyone! It will be so sweet for them and a bit of frivolous fun. An Easter they'll never forget! Apparently the next thing to decorate our windows with is pictures of Easter eggs, because all the usual community egg hunts will have to be cancelled, so the children can do a different kid of egg hunt instead.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone we have had a quiet morning playing outside as the weather was quite nice then but has gone colder now.

I have the week after Easter off as we had plans to go to London but sadly not now. We have a couple of family birthdays coming up over the next 2 weeks so trying to get organised with cards. I am looking forward to having a few days off still fingers crossed the weather will be nice and I can sit out in the garden with a book.

We are going to make Easter eggs to put up the playroom window next week. My LA have been very supportive, they have been making contact on a weekly basis checking that everything is ok and saying thank you for staying open.

Enjoy the weekend everyone x
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

My uncles funeral was the 29th March they only allowed 10 people into the crematorium so brother sisters had to stand outside social distancing.

We would have finished school yesterday feels strange thats its easter holidays.

I have started to watch the mandolorian today with my eldest ds.

Mouse - we got easter eggs for all of ours if i remember when easter Sunday is.

Maza I fancy trying macrame need to resist Amazon now.

Everyone else make sure you try to do something for yourselves too x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone

I’ve got some Easter mugs for my mindees and will fill them with some hot choc mix ( it’s a favourite here when we are out in the forest , I’ll label it to be drunk outdoors only,) , some chocolates , maybe some craft bits. I’ll drop them off on my walks over the next week. It’s not much , I’m trying to keep spending down like you maza , but I hope it will brighten their days.

That’s good that your LA is so supportive pixie dust. Ours have been sending out daily bulletins with any updates and useful links , and we’ve had a phone all asking if we are open and willing to take the children of key workers as so many of the nurseries have closed. There’s also some dispute with nurseries and CMs who employ assistants. as the guidance from Dofe is different from the guidance from HMRC. One says that where funding is still being claimed they must use this to pay staff and not furlough them. LA are trying to get clarification. It’s good that the LAs finally seem to be valuing childminders and their role.

I’ve been thinking about funerals too as a friend has just lost her dad. As she was with him in the hospice she now has to isolate away from her family for 2 weeks. I’m sure all she wants is ahug😢 I don’t know what will happen about the funeral , heartbreaking.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy, sorry to hear about your uncle. Hope you are ok. x

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fussy, Condolences on the loss of your Uncle.

My LA were pretty supportive to start with, with daily emails, but that has tailed off now. we got an email asking us to fill in a form to say if we were working, when we were working and what space we had, and that has been in, apart from an email with information about funding, and that funded children who attend during the Easter holidays, can claim their weekly funding. My LA does generally seem to value childminders, except we've gone from at least one childminder support person (JUST for childminders) per district, to an early years advisor ( for all early years settings ) who covered probably about 1.5-2 districts to 2 early years advisors for the whole county ... for one of the largest counties ( if not the largest ) in the country!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza and Loocyloo thank you.

My uncle had been poorly for a few years so his death was unexpected.

There will be a family get together when this is over to celebrate his life.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Maza and Loocyloo thank you.

My uncle had been poorly for a few years so his death was unexpected.

There will be a family get together when this is over to celebrate his life.

16. Likes FussyElmo liked this post