Good morning Friday

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

I’m already starting to lose track of what day it is!

Yesterday I had a food shop delivery and it wasn’t until I was unpacking it that I realised we had some of someone else’s shopping in with ours. The shopping isn’t usually packed in bags so normally it would have been easy to spot the bits that weren’t ours. It was all packed in bags though so I didn’t realise until my daughter (who was helping put the shopping away) asked why I’d bought gin! Sure enough, there was a big bottle of gin and a bottle of tonic, along with crisps, bananas and sweet potatoes that we hadn’t ordered. I phoned the helpline to let them know but couldn’t get through, so now DH wants to know...can he drink the gin?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Mouse, how annoying for the other person.

DH did a really successful food shop yesterday in Sainsbury's.

When I was watching Corrie last night - which obviously was filmed weeks ago, it seemed so alien seeing people sitting close together in the pub, hugging etc. It's sad that it seems odd now, but we were marvelling at how quickly we can recondition our behaviours.

Not sure what we'll do today. We'll probably make banana bread.

After today it is officially the Easter holidays, so I guess we can get the Easter crafts out soon. DD's not so interested in cute crafts now that she's 11, but hopefully we can manage to fill a few hours with them over the holidays.

It is nice that DD is getting so much wear from her normal clothes. Like all children she spends most of her time in her uniform. When all this is over she will need a big clothes shop as lots of her clothes are on the verge of being too small and we're obviously not doing any clothes shopping at the moment.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all.

Mouse, I would think DH can drink the Gin!
    Maza, enjoy the crafts. My DD is almost 15, and although she says she doesn't want to do crafts ... she often does a bit or 'helps' !!!

I was going to go to a big supermarket this morning ( family birthdays coming up, so wanted to start getting bits and pieces, rather than the day before as normal! ) but my car hasn't moved all week and wouldn't start!☹ DH thinks it is probably that the battery was frozen as it was cold last night ... heavy frost this morning. It's not old either! I had to borrow DSs car, so went to local lidl. Got most of what I wanted, except random things just like a usual lidl shop! 😆

I'm going to have a good clean of all my outdoor toys today ... they seem to have developed that green tinge over the past few weeks!

Stay safe everyone xxx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon everyone

The sun is still shining. We walked the dog this morning and it was nice to see the cherry blossom trees in bloom

I seem to the getting addicted to day time tv.
    Ready steady cook, money for nothing, tenable and property brother's forever home.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Working today with just one lo again , although he has been a little star considering everything is so strange. We’ve managed not to go inside the house at all today which makes me feel a little better / less risk , he loves the garden and we’ve picnicked at lunchtime . Going to mow th3 grass later if he goes home on time .
    I was just saying to a friend that my home has never ever been so clean, antibacterial spray attached to my hand permenantly it seems , and no one gets to see it!!! I might start taking photos to remind myself how nice it looks freshly cleaned , although I fear I’ll slip back into old habits once we are through this!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had just the one again today, we have tried to be outside quite a bit but we lose the sun in the afternoon and it gets quite cold.

I am going to try and do a food shop tomorrow at some point, people are saying that things have calmed down a bit as they have introduced measures and limiting number of people in the shop at at a time, just trying to work out the best time to go when hopefully queuing won't be too bad and they will still have stuff in.
    Pixie Dust