Good afternoon Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Monday

A bit later in the day than normal, but hello all! How are you doing?

I've ended up working today for one key-worker child. Mum usually works Tuesday and Wednesday and they'd arranged for dad to be at home to look after their child. Mum got called into work at the last minute though so I said I would have him until dad can get out of work. It's been a bit of a strange day. He's only 12 months old so is obviously playing as normal, but I just don't feel in childminder mode. He's had a great day though and is flat out asleep now, so all's good!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today has reiterated that home schooling really isnt an option
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

It's my usual Monday off and I've been pottering and doing jobs as usual ... as well as trying to stop 17yr old DS interrupting 14yr old DD! She has a full school timetable of lessons to complete each day and as his A levels have been cancelled, he is wandering around being a pain! I've suggested a few jobs he could do ( put his clothes away, rather than on the floordrobe as an example ) and DH suggested several jobs in the garden ... but no! I do understand that a week ago, it was full steam ahead and now it's all stopped and he can't even go out and see his mates, but it's going to be painful as he gets through it!

I could never have homeschooled!

I've had one of my mums already message to say 'HOW do you manage to do this everyday?' I sent her back a hug and said relax, don't need to do anything, just enjoy the time. Which, as I've experienced above, is easier said than done. But at least little people can be occupied playing!

Stay safe everyone xxx

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Today has reiterated that home schooling really isnt an option

I'm so glad none of my children are school aged now and I won't have homeschooling responsibilities

Having said that my two sons did have a huge argument this morning about where they're going to set up their laptops now they're working from home. I sent them both to their rooms to think about their actions and unkind words

8. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I'm so glad none of my children are school aged now and I won't have homeschooling responsibilities

Having said that my two sons did have a huge argument this morning about where they're going to set up their laptops now they're working from home. I sent them both to their rooms to think about their actions and unkind words
    That's so funny

I have 2 children today so we have made rainbow pictures for the playroom windows and enjoyed being outside in the garden...the sun is shining but its a bit cold. One of my sets of parents gave me a bottle of wine this morning to say thank you for allowing them to continue to work as they really appreciate it in these difficult times.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the Joe Wicks workout online this morning. Well, DD spent more time moaning about it than actually doing the exercises. I felt great afterwards but will probably be aching tomorrow.

Then one of my brothers posted on the family WhatsApp group about our mum planning on going into town, on the bus, for non essential things and how his head his hurting because he feels like he is banging it against the wall trying to get through to her. He thinks she is on the brink of falling out with him because she feels he is being mean to her. As it turns out, we all feel the same and she is playing us off against each other because she doesn't realise we talk to each other. My six siblings have all been so good and have been dropping off food parcels for a while now, so she has no need to go out to the shops. So, she told one of my brothers that she wasn't going out today but in the same breath she told him that she just needed to go and get some sliced bread. We knew that my other brother was already at the supermarket collecting sliced bread for her and told her that he was getting it for her.

She's always been stubborn and naïve, but now at 83 she has also got some memory loss/early signs of dementia. Any ideas on how I/we can tackle this with more success?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Maza , sorry I have no advice , my expertise ends after toddlerhood!
    I was due to have 6 key workers today which dropped down to 3 , one dad managed to work from home so his 2 didn’t come, then unfortunately another family have started self isolation as mum has a cough and cold.
    It has been a really surreal day , but the sunshine and the giggles have helped me through. Stay safe ladies xxx

13. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening hopefully people will listen now after tonights announcement and stay home ! Not sure what happens about caring for key worker families if that remains the same, I guess I will wait and see what my LA says tomorrow.

Keep safe everyone x
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm working tomorrow, and also waiting to see what they say, buy I think I will be shutting tomorrow night.

I'm not on independent childminders, but my friend is, and she says that Sarah Neville has said she's is now shut.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I'm working tomorrow, and also waiting to see what they say, buy I think I will be shutting tomorrow night.

I'm not on independent childminders, but my friend is, and she says that Sarah Neville has said she's is now shut.

I am not on Independent childminders either but I think I will be talking to my parents tomorrow about closing .
    Pixie Dust

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents need me , they are key workers and need their children here so they can go and help keep everyone safe. I don’t think that will change. Worrying times for sure.

20. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it’s a tricky one.

He said “You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home”. So the only people you can meet are those that live in your house. How could you meet up with minded children who are not family members and certainly don’t live in your home?

22. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure that it is not meant to close us , we are as key to this as the teachers. Whether we choose to remain open is a whole other matter and will require a lot of thought .

24. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm still very undecided.

I was hoping to look at my phone this morning and have messages that children weren't coming. So far... all coming.

But I 'think' that I might only stay open for families where BOTH parents are keyworkers.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve made it very clear all along that I’m open for children where there is absolutely no alternative so that keywork parents can continue. Nothing I could say to them this morning is any different but I will certainly , strongly , tell them that this putting their family and mine at increased risk and that I’m only available if they both , genuinely , have to work and they have no other alternative at all. The problems for them are actually worse off nowWith less alternatives. , one key worker wasn’t using me as the children were going to her sister. This is now not an option. Her husband is currently locked down on an oil rig. I feel she’ll call me today. I’m conflicted between my responsibility to my family and to my extended minding family. No easy decisions for anyone.

27. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it's very tricky x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to close, to protect yourself and your family, tell your families to contact your local authority. They can point them in the direction of nurseries that are still open.

That’s where I think children should be going now, either to a nursery or school. That way no household is having to accept anyone into their home who isn’t a family member.

30. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sarah did make the decision to close last night.

I think we all have to weigh up the risks of accepting children into the house but its an individual's choice.

I have 2 keyworkers who may need me but may not.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door